Milky Way in Winter

SpriteSir

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterdays first try of shooting (a part ) of the milky way. Didn't work quite perfectly, still room for improvement but i am quite happy for the first try.
I am open for critic and suggestions, so i am curious about your opinion as i am still trying to get better nightshots.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by SpriteSir
  • Like 7

Agree with the above comments. To me the tree and the background are both vying for the attention, maybe I would have put the tree to one side, and maybe even smaller, showing the Milky Way better?

Having said that, I have shot gazzillions of astro shots, but never with foreground like this, just something I haven't done.

What lens and exposure?

Gary

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb lanetomlane:

I cannot see anything wrong with this, great shot.

Thank you very much for your words!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb andybarton:

Have you got one with the tree to one side so that you can see more of the galaxy?

You might also want to think about cloning out the satellite or ISS. 

Definitely has potential. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb gbealnz:

Agree with the above comments. To me the tree and the background are both vying for the attention, maybe I would have put the tree to one side, and maybe even smaller, showing the Milky Way better?

Having said that, I have shot gazzillions of astro shots, but never with foreground like this, just something I haven't done.

What lens and exposure?

Gary

You both are definitely right. To be honest i think i was focussing so hard on the technical part of taking the picture (as i said it was the first time doing a really long exposure with the leica m) that i kind of left the image composing and creative part on the way. I also had quite a struggle with the perspective as i had to get really close to that tree in order to get the horizon down on the picture (if i would have taken the picture from a bigger distance, the horizon, as there is a hill in the background, would cut most of the tree- hope you understand what i mean).

I used a Voigtländer 15/F4.5, 36sec at ISO1600 (but i think i have to go higher the next shot)

I am hoping for a clear sky tonight so i can try it again with a different perspective.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb newnew:

Nice capture . Which camera have you used ?

Thank you Ali! I used a M240.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb stuny:

Lovely

Thank you Stuart!

Greetings from Austria,

Max

• Like 1