CL is getting to me

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Most times I have two cameras with me, one of which is always the CL.  In a relatively small bag it's M/35mm and CL/90mm, that has me covered for 35/50/90/135.  When I think I may want wide I have old CV 15 which is so tiny you hardly notice it's there, and that adds 15/22 to the mix.  So for me it's size and ability with M lenses that makes it indispensable.

Edited by Boojay
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Clactonian said:

LOVE Infrared photography, even portraiture with the 35 lux, is weird but wonderful wirth the right model.

The 35 Lux does not work that great for me, with my conversion (good to f4.0 or so), but a lot of my other lenses work fine (see list attached).  

Leica CL with SuperColor IR Modification Lens Test.docx

I purchased the CL about 4 months ago primarily to use a 1.5x "teleconverter" for the VE 90-280mm L.  

To make the camera more manageable with the big lens attached, I've added a LIM thumb grip and the Leica grip  -I've never been for one for adding accessories to cameras, preferring them to how they were originally designed, with the CL however it's made a big difference to how the camera feels in hand. 

I've been really impressed by the image quality especially in low light (image below), as well as the handling. It joins the SL2 in the camera bag on safaris. I find that I now also use the CL when I'm in the city, either with the 23mm TL f2 or 35mm f1.4 TL attached; the M10 and SL601 are sitting on the shelf....

CL &  VE 90-280mm L  -after last light on an overcast grey evening.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by michali
  • Like 10