Used MP after which SN with sealed VF?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking to get a used MP, I found one that the condition and the price is up to my requirement but it's a pretty old one (2003)

The seller said the VF doesn't have any dust inside but as far as I know, The earlier batch MP have non-sealed VF and prone to creep dust in. 

The MP in question Serial No starts with "MP-2999xxx" It should be from 2003. The MP is surprisingly clean for a black paint MP, only one spot have brassing and it's less than 0.5mm

That MP does not have M6 iso dial so it should be not the earliest batch. 

Any way I can determine whether this one have sealed or non-sealed VF? This is the ONLY decision factory for me on this camera, I will buy it immediately if it have the sealed VF and too bad I cannot try and inspect it in person. 

Thank you so much in advanced!

Thanks Wattsy and RayD28! Ended up I went for a brand new A La Carte MP.

No engraving on top and M6 leatherette. Which is my favorite combination, it cost quite a bit more than the used MP but I saw this pop up yesterday and figure I will keep this camera forever, I should get the one I really want. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, darkinners said:

Thanks Wattsy and RayD28! Ended up I went for a brand new A La Carte MP.

No engraving on top and M6 leatherette. Which is my favorite combination, it cost quite a bit more than the used MP but I saw this pop up yesterday and figure I will keep this camera forever, I should get the one I really want. 

I'm curious to know how you bought a "brand new" A La Carte MP since Leica discontinued the program several months ago.  Did someone place the order and never pick it up? Did you buy it from an authorized dealer?   In any event, I'm happy to hear you found one to cherish.  

Edited by RayD28

55 minutes ago, RayD28 said:

I'm curious to know how you bought a "brand new" A La Carte MP since Leica discontinued the program several months ago.  Did someone place the order and never pick it up? Did you buy it from an authorized dealer?   In any event, I'm happy to hear you found one to cherish.  

right after Leica announce ALC is going to end. There are a lot of shops order bunch a la carte with different config and sell them.