Booked a trip to the Grand Cayman

Artin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Today I went all out now the package has changed ,, taking a Billingham headline large pro with my 17 inch Mac .. SL2 ... 24- 90 ..90-280 .. 100 apo 2.8. .... 80 LuxR ... 50..LuxM ... 35 Lux M ....WATE.. And still have some room ..... that will be the carrier ... my heady pro will be used for day trips.  I looked at their RuckSack 35. It just was not practical and it was Uber expensive for what it was  525 dollars was a bit out of whack 

I do hope that you are going on your own - otherwise the trip will turn out quite boring for your partner, with you immersed in photography instead of enjoying your holiday.

I once wrote an article on small cameras for travel:
https://the.me/leica-cl-and-panasonic-gx8-travelogue-a-smaller-camera-means-less-luggage/

SL gear is not easy to carry around. I use the smallest possible backpack that can fit the SL plus the MacBook, plus the cables, batteries, chargers, and other accessories.. This is the mindShift BackLight 26L, fits everything including the Q2. Once at destination, I just use the useful stuff for the intended photo shooting, and most of the extra weight stays in the hotel room. But very often, the winner is... Q2!

19 hours ago, jaapv said:

I do hope that you are going on your own - otherwise the trip will turn out quite boring for your partner, with you immersed in photography instead of enjoying your holiday.

I once wrote an article on small cameras for travel:
https://the.me/leica-cl-and-panasonic-gx8-travelogue-a-smaller-camera-means-less-luggage/

It’s ok my wife is used to me not sitting around on a beach under the sun, besides there is not much to do or to see on the Island. So I am going to hunt for migratory birds , a few hours in the cave and the rest of time relaxing 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, snooper said:

SL gear is not easy to carry around. I use the smallest possible backpack that can fit the SL plus the MacBook, plus the cables, batteries, chargers, and other accessories.. This is the mindShift BackLight 26L, fits everything including the Q2. Once at destination, I just use the useful stuff for the intended photo shooting, and most of the extra weight stays in the hotel room. But very often, the winner is... Q2!

I like that it is nice

Edited by Artin

41 minutes ago, michali said:

I can't even begin to imagine that kind of temperature 😱  How do you cope with that?

A good parka, boots, tuque, neck warmer, mitts, plus Layers.

Exposed skin freezes very quickly. It’s much worse if there is a wind.

The birds need a lot of calories - the wood peckers are at the suet often.