Weird line at the edge of image

chris7opher

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone,

I recently notice a small/short black line at the edge of images taken with M9P. I’m not sure what causes the fault. 

Can anyone please have at these 2 images, and share your thoughts? Thank you.

- Chris

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Can't upload .DNG files here. They can be uploaded to some other websites, and then post a link here.

However, for solving your problem, this probably isn't necessary.

I assume that if you are using a digital camera, you also have an image editing program (Photoshop, LightRoom, other). Here's how to provide a high-res sample within the 500Kb limit.

- CROP the picture to the area affected - we don't need to see the whole room for you to show us the line plus some surrounding image.

- Convert the cropped picture to a jpg., with moderately-high compression.

I post pictures here all the time at 1200 pixels x 800 pixels, appropriately converted to jpg format, that fit in the 500Kb limit.

Edited by adan

By happenstance, yesterday I downloaded a large number of files (M9 and M-P) from my latest trip. One of the files displayed a short black stripe towards the bottom right corner – I had clicked the 100% view for that particular image. I wondered what it might be and went to the next image (same subject) and saw no black stripe; went back to the 'striped' image, I might have been in  Develop rather than Library, and the stripe was gone, and has not returned.  "Mystère et boule de gomme!" (Mystery and bubble gum bubble).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for responding. I attached the photos, linked to my Vsco; i hope all can have a look. 

When picture in landscape mode, the line is at top left. 
When picture in portrait mode, the line is at top right; as i tilted the camera clockwise. 

https://vs.co/qqgBuCzH82

https://vs.co/d8McFQeJ82

Thank you all again. 
- Chris

Edited by jaapv
repaired links

31 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

If what I see is correct look at your sensor for a cracked cover glass providing the lens glass has no defects.

I agree that it looks like a cracked sensor cover glass. The sensor has to be replaced. 

The line is quite sharp, so it can not be caused by the lens.