New CL screen bad?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a new CL (less than 7 days old) that suddenly wouldn’t display an image when shooting. I get a distorted image on the LCD and EVF. When I choose menu, things are fine. If I take a photo, I get the distorted image.

I’ve turned it off and back on,  changed batteries and SD cards and I still get the distortion. I’m guessing the sensor is bad. Has anyone seen this before?

I’m waiting to hear back from Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks all, that’s what I have suspected. Yes, it happens in Liveview. The menu system is just fine. I’ve contacted the Leica store I bought it from and waiting on an answer.

frustrating because I was looking forward to shooting with it this weekend. I understand these things happen, but in my 45 years of photography, I’ve never had a camera fail. Hopefully Leica will deal with this quickly.

I empathize with the frustration. 

In 55 years of doing photography, I've had three new cameras fail out of the box. I can't remember which they were, at this point, but they were all highly respected brands. It happens. :(  

The Leica store you purchased from should just exchange it for another if you bought it within the week.

G

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, ramarren said:

I empathize with the frustration. 

In 55 years of doing photography, I've had three new cameras fail out of the box. I can't remember which they were, at this point, but they were all highly respected brands. It happens. :(  

The Leica store you purchased from should just exchange it for another if you bought it within the week.

G

I understand that cameras fail, I just wasn't expecting it with Leica.