M10 Monochrom

frame-it

47 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Not quite the Bugatti I meant ;) I was thinking of the Veyron :lol:

The Veyron isn't a true Bugatti, it is Left Hand Drive. All true Bugatti cars were RHD ... even though they were built in France. Bugatti cars were made for European clockwise oval racing circuits. RHD gave better control on clockwise circuits.

VW bought the name, and the rest is history.

Anyway I would be interested to see how this rumour of a new Monochrom pans out.

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Not quite the Bugatti I meant ;) I was thinking of the Veyron :lol:

This is a Veyron. The sensor is wet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter Kilmister said:

The Veyron isn't a true Bugatti, it is Left Hand Drive. All true Bugatti cars were RHD ... even though they were built in France. Bugatti cars were made for European clockwise oval racing circuits. RHD gave better control on clockwise circuits.

VW bought the name, and the rest is history.

Anyway I would be interested to see how this rumour of a new Monochrom pans out.

It is a coming, and very soon. My crystal ball says 9 days. 41MP. Who wouldn't want to drive their kids to school in a Bugatti???

Edited by dkmoore
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dickgillberg said:

I mean, I think the picture is just a speculation of how the new monochrome would look. 

I know this is very petty but I'm hoping for black paint. At least not that awful gun-metal grey of the old M9.

Still, after several black Leicas maybe it is time for a chrome M. It would make reaching into the bag and grabbing the right camera easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 minutes ago, Printmaker said:

I know this is very petty but I'm hoping for black paint. At least not that awful gun-metal grey of the old M9.

Still, after several black Leicas maybe it is time for a chrome M. It would make reaching into the bag and grabbing the right camera easier.

M10M will not be in silver. Unless of course there is another Ralph Gibson model in silver.

14 hours ago, Printmaker said:

I know this is very petty but I'm hoping for black paint. At least not that awful gun-metal grey of the old M9

It’s not that awful, but I think you are unlikely to see it on a M10M so order with confidence 

11 hours ago, darkinners said:

it's just silly

Not the first sillyness of Leica from the last years. We have seen the Summaron 28, then came the Thambar 90, then the Noctilux 75 and on top of it all a Summilux 90 for the M. Useless footprints under the Christmas tree.

1 hour ago, otto.f said:

Not the first sillyness of Leica from the last years. We have seen the Summaron 28, then came the Thambar 90, then the Noctilux 75 and on top of it all a Summilux 90 for the M. Useless footprints under the Christmas tree.

You forgot to add something.

12 hours ago, otto.f said:

the Summaron 28, then came the Thambar 90

While they are certainly not for the wide open bokeeeeh loving trend followers, they both have something special to offer IMO. As they are my two most used lenses (albeit the LTM version of the Thambar), I don't find them silly at all. And certainly not in the same league as the red lenses released a few years ago and some of the  ridiculous limited editions. Then again, maybe I'm the silly one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ianman said:

While they are certainly not for the wide open bokeeeeh loving trend followers, they both have something special to offer IMO. As they are my two most used lenses (albeit the LTM version of the Thambar), I don't find them silly at all. And certainly not in the same league as the red lenses released a few years ago and some of the  ridiculous limited editions. Then again, maybe I'm the silly one.

Fine with me, in itself it’s good that Leica produces lenses outside the mainstream (but the LTM Thambar is not 6000€, is it?). However, some lenses can hardly be seen as something else as showpieces. Why in heaven would you bring out the Nocti75 and the Lux90 for an M if there’s an L line. And the other way around: was it really necessary to build a Summilux 50 L that big? Apart from the Summaron and the APO 50 Leica is neglecting its roots/history as the smallest high quality camera system it once was. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, otto.f said:

Fine with me, in itself it’s good that Leica produces lenses outside the mainstream (but the LTM Thambar is not 6000€, is it?). However, some lenses can hardly be seen as something else as showpieces. Why in heaven would you bring out the Nocti75 and the Lux90 for an M if there’s an L line. And the other way around: was it really necessary to build a Summilux 50 L that big? Apart from the Summaron and the APO 50 Leica is neglecting its roots/history as the smallest high quality camera system it once was. 

Absolutely agree but I just wondered why you had included the Thambar and especially the Summaron which can hardly be called a silly inclusion in the lens line-up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The latest Summaron 28 and the latest Thambar 90?

The Summaron 28 is 500€ more expensive than the Elmarit 28. Because of its romantic optical vignetting? And 5.6? Come on. The  Thambar is twice as expensive as the APO Summicron 90. Because of it’s unpredictable behavior on an M?

Edited by otto.f