Athens One Challenge

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We will also for sure not be going to Athens in the next few months.

As we all live in extraordinary times, would it be an idea to have a virtual challenge this year? Load your film and chose  your camera and lens as usual, but then each of us take the pictures within the 2 hours allocated within the area you can reach (by foot?) from your home? I know the most important part is missing 🍻 and chatting and all that. But we could have a Zoom-meeting (if you are not already sick of those) to finish off the day...

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, christoph_d said:

Hi all,

We will also for sure not be going to Athens in the next few months.

As we all live in extraordinary times, would it be an idea to have a virtual challenge this year? Load your film and chose  your camera and lens as usual, but then each of us take the pictures within the 2 hours allocated within the area you can reach (by foot?) from your home? I know the most important part is missing 🍻 and chatting and all that. But we could have a Zoom-meeting (if you are not already sick of those) to finish off the day...

I suggested an online challenge back on page 1 of this thread if things hadn't improved in time, which they haven't unfortunately. I know there is talk of some local challenges but maybe the online idea is worth considering to open it up to as many as possible to take part? If some local groups of members want to meet up as part of this then that's fine too, same rules apply to the actual challenge.

As it would mean that people are in all kinds of various locations around the world, perhaps setting a theme this time would give the challenge some focus?

The zoom meeting post challenge is a good idea. Grab a drink and catch up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have just managed to get through to BA to cancel the car hire that I had arranged through them while we were supposed to be in Greece next month.

After 40 minutes on hold, they have charged me £30 to cancel a car that I cannot possibly use. If I left it much closer to the date of travel, AND if the government say that Greece is closed, and if I were then to phone them up to cancel, they could do it for nothing.

But, then there would be thousands of other folk trying to cancel flights or holidays or whatever.

They do not allow on-line cancellations of car hire made through them.

With a non-refundable fee for seat bookings, a fee to cancel the flights (done a couple of months ago) and now £30 to cancel the car, I am feeling thoroughly ripped off.

You and BA go way back :D ! 

Mind you, the UK policies of quarantining are a shambles. Countries and islands with Low-R are blocked but cities and areas where "influential people" have second homes are non-quarantine destinations, no matter what the rate of infection is.