M10 Strap Options

bherman01545

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Artisan and Artist Easy Slider on my M10. Cross chest with strap at short length. Quick pull on the ring to long length for very quick shooting. 
One issue. The split rings have virtually no “memory” so once put on they don’t reclose tightly. Solution was to buy a 10 pack of stainless steel split rings from McMaster-Carr. Not acceptable with a $100 strap, however, cheers to Leica Store Boston who made this right.

That said, I’d buy it again without question.

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased the Leica 18 575 black leather strap which is similar to the standard one included with the M10. The difference is that it has adjustments for 3 lengths and a sliding pad. It is available in different colors. The short length lets the camera ride in a good place for me, a little higher, but not too high. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 10:17 AM, darkinners said:

I always use AA 301N silk cord strap on my all Leica M.

Very good quality, small footprint, comfortable and i like it easily  translate from neck strap to wrist strap. 

+1  for Artisan & Artist silk straps  -in my experience nothing more comfortable, strong, supple & versatile, all in one. Can also be used as a wrist strap.

I have them on all my Leicas incl. SL601 & SL2 & CL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, Tom Johnston said:

I just purchased the Leica 18 575 black leather strap which is similar to the standard one included with the M10. The difference is that it has adjustments for 3 lengths and a sliding pad. It is available in different colors. The short length lets the camera ride in a good place for me, a little higher, but not too high. 

Does that hand grip ever feel bulky or make your fingers stiff after a lot of shooting? I have it and I am always switching back and forth between regular bottom plate and that. 

also... the leather strap should be included with the camera.. just sayin. 

17 hours ago, ChicagoMatthew said:

Does that hand grip ever feel bulky or make your fingers stiff after a lot of shooting? I have it and I am always switching back and forth between regular bottom plate and that. 

also... the leather strap should be included with the camera.. just sayin. 

This is my first handgrip and I haven’t had any issues. With many of my previous cameras I used Liugi half cases with the small bump out as opposed to the built in grip. I decided to use this setup and not bulk up by adding a case. So far, it feels like a good fit.

The included strap is nice but I wanted to have the ability to adjust the length. So many good choices of straps...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Although I don't have the grip for the M10, something I've seen with the the grip and earlier with an X Pro 2 that I did carry, is that the camera is a bit better suited to accommodate larger lenses even visually in terms of how they fit the profile of the body.

David

• Like 2