M10 Strap Options

bherman01545

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All;

I'm looking for a nice strap (other than the provided Leica one) and I'm looking at these three options:

- Artisan & Artist ACAM-310 Silk Camera Strap (Black)

- Leica 50" Rope Strap (Night) COOPH Strap

- Arte di Mano Classic Neck Strap - Minerva Black with Black Stitching

The Leica Rope Strap is a thick and semi-flexible para-cord. The Artisan and Artist is a silk strap, way more flexible, but way more expensive and the Arte Di Mani strap is leather, flexible and well, leather.

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

-Brad

I've tried two versions of the AA silk straps and I don't find them nearly as comfortable as leather straps. They look great but that is it for me.

Of the three you listed I would choose the Arte di Mano as they are comfortable and good quality.

The best I've found and used are Harry Benz straps from Canada. They are very comfortable, look great, and durable.

33 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

I've tried two versions of the AA silk straps and I don't find them nearly as comfortable as leather straps. They look great but that is it for me.

Of the three you listed I would choose the Arte di Mano as they are comfortable and good quality.

The best I've found and used are Harry Benz straps from Canada. They are very comfortable, look great, and durable.

I agree. I've had two of the silk straps --- "not as comfortable as leather straps"  - from your list I would also choose the Arte di Mano - 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Harry Benz without a doubt!!  I have two Arte di Mano and Harry's straps are not only better quality (he uses water buffalo leather - soft and strong) but he will make his straps to your length specifications, which to me is very important. Harry's design keeps the rings from rubbing the camera body without the need for leather protection pieces - simple, perfect 😀

Barton make very good leather straps and I have them on all my cameras that don't come with a Leica strap. If you don't like the standard leather strap maybe it's because it is stiff when new, so just spend an evening in front of the TV screwing the strap into a ball, twisting it, and tying knots in it, this soon loosens it up to make it soft and flexible. 

Like others, I have tried many different straps. Some I still have, others are gone.  My favorite for now, and it honestly lacks nothing for my use, is the Harry Benz strap.  The craftsmanship and quality is fantastic but even more important is the functionality. 

I have a PacSafe strap (mentioned above) that I'll use on occasion but personally I have concerns with the metal connection clips and the body wear around the lugs. 

Another great option is a fairly inexpensive adjustable sling-strap from DSPTCH. I currently have that on a Q. I do appreciate the easy removal and flexibility. 

I use the Arte Di Mano, great strap. I struggled because the only place i'm aware to actually see and touch it is Leica Miami. I happen to have been visiting there so I looked - very high quality - I also have the Arte di Mano half case , I like it but it does add thickness to the camera