Leica 60 typ 240. Problem. Charger or battery?

KALBAR

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello.

I have a problem.

I have Leica 60 type 240.

I have a non-original charger (nitecore)

I don't know how old the battery is. The charger is new. I bought it a week ago. While charging the battery the EE message appears after about 10 seconds. Yes, I know the manual says it is short circuit protection but what causes the short circuit? The battery? All in all, it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there is someone from Poland who reads this and lives in Gdansk, Sopot or Gdynia and could help me? Or you know what could the reason be. Some people wrote that it was the charger and they had the same problem and they say we have to use only the original charger. Unfortunately, I do not have the original Leica charger and I don't think I can get it quickly. I don't want to buy it. I have had the camera for 2 weeks. I wanted to take some pictures but as I can see there is no chance. Do you have any solution? I can’t get the battery or the charger here. Can it be charged any other way? Do I have to go to Leica Store Poland in Warsaw?

You need a second battery anyway. Buy one and try it out and then you know which of the two is faulty. How come you don't have the original charger? Normally it should come with the camera.

As to your second question: Yes, any Leica store should be able to help you.