Do we finally have a new Monochrome - Yes I think so...

M10Alpine

Time will tell for sure ...

Rumoured to have 7864 x 5200 since November

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I asked to be on the waitlist 17th of July 2018 and yesterday my Leica Store said I'm number one and they wanted a 500€ deposit, I think thats pretty much a confirmation. They said its coming in January at around 8000€. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M10Alpine said:

I asked to be on the waitlist 17th of July 2018 and yesterday my Leica Store said I'm number one and they wanted a 500€ deposit, I think thats pretty much a confirmation. They said its coming in January at around 8000€. 

That means it may be $10k USD in the US. I hope that isn't the case but it would make sense since the M10 is now $8.8k USD.  Both the M9M and M246 were $1k more expensive than the P models. I'm also #1 on my Leica store's wait list but I don't know if I will purchase at $10k.

Might just keep and use my MM1.

Edited by dkmoore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, M10Alpine said:

Wonder if will have the M10 ISO button - I hear new processor and 41mega pixel. What sensor will this possibly have?  

I've got to assume it will have the ISO dial but who knows. I'm fairly confident in the 41 mega pickles (another forum member's auto correct).

I really hope it is priced the same as the M10P and M10D. I will probably still buy it but I will be annoyed if it is priced at $9,500, which is where I think it will land. I am completely speculating on the price.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:28 AM, M10Alpine said:

They said its coming in January at around 8000€. 

Adjusting for 21% European sales tax, and 10% Australian GST, that would suggest AUD$11,700 in Australia.

The current Monochrom (Typ 246) is listed as AUD$11,100, which suggests that they will be aiming at pretty much the same price point.

9 minutes ago, jaapv said:

7864x5200=40892800

A marketeer's dream, 65 MP equivalent...  We are going to see 200% crops showing a fly on top of the Eiffel tower🙄

I'm still perfectly happy with my MM1... :)

As resolution goes up, shutter speed with presumably need to speed up.
Of course, all M cameras are also designed to shoot with a tripod! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kendoo said:

I don’t think I will ever stop using my MM for street photography. The M10M may bring different potentials for image making and therefore validating the reasons for owning two. That’s what I am telling myself 😀

I am also debating whether I should keep the MM1. Ive owned three copies now and I keep re-buying so I may also keep two Monochrom cameras. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, johnbuckley said:

I am praying you are right. Do you have a good source for this? Not being aggressive, just hoping the answer is yes.

Oh my...suffering through another week with inferior equipment.  How will I cope? 😱😁

Jeff

• Haha 7