Close-up photography on a budget

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As I only wanted to experiment with C.U photography, I didn't want to 'splash out' on expensive gear, so I found this extension tube attachment on eBay. I sought feedback on this Forum and someone had tried this brand and said it was o.k.   So the 'Chinese' 10mm extension tube ring, Leica OUFRO 16469Y 'M' equivalent  has just arrived and attached are my first two 'test shots'.  Number one is the tube fitted to a 50mm Summarit on a CL body with an L-M Novoflex adapter, and the second is a 90mm Elmarit on my M10.  I'm quite pleased with these for my first attempt.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frame-it said:

nice :)

im going to buy this one soon once the dealer actually has it!

https://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-M/Technical-Equipment/Adapter/Macro-adapter-M

Yes, that's the 'bees knees', but I couldn't justify the cost for how much I might use it. The adapter I bought was $74.50 (£51); so a bargain for experimenting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frame-it said:

please post a pic/link of the adapter you bought

The image is a screenshot, so not great.  Here's the eBay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-extension-ring-macro-adapter-for-Leica-OUFRO-16469Y-M-M240-M6-M7-M8-M9-M10/202860898239?hash=item2f3b73a7bf:g:pA4AAOxyTjNSeNHE

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Get a manual focus Nikon or Canon macro lens, the 55 f2.8 Nikon AF is especially good as it focuses to 1:1 with out an adapter, what you see will be the same size on the sensor. You can get an inexpensive adaptor on e*ay, my Canon FD adaptor cost $13 US and works well on my CL. About macros, the focal length of the lens is theoretically, the working distance at 1:1, so longer macros will give you greater working distances, especially good when you have moving subjects like insects. You can get a 50mm Canon FD macro for under $50 US, a Nikon 55mm for $50-100 US, these are top quality lenses. 100mm macros (where I would go) are a more expensive being not as common, still a Canon FD was under $100 at KEH. 

If you want to stay with Leica, R mount macros are reasonably priced, just the adaptor is expensive.

• jaapv locked this topic