Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/3/2020 at 9:26 PM, Yangpei said:

I recently received the Leica 19-543 Thumb Support 

It fits nicely and feels great to hold.  The button for cropping is still usable.  I have never tried the Match Technical unit, so unable to compare. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Could you post a photo from the back? I’ve got the Lim’s half case and it goes up to the line. I believe based on the previous post by deekay that the Leica one will interfere with the case. Thx

Luckily, my dealer had both the Leica and MatchTechnical items in stock. For my average sized male hand, the MT was a much better fit, it fell perfectly into where my thumb likes to be. The Leica one was too vertical and too far to the right. If you can, I suggest testing both, it's a very personal choice. I was surprised how different the ergonomics were. 

11 hours ago, jayseejay said:

BradNYC - I have the Lim’s half case and the Leica thumb support and the case overlaps with the support by about 1/16”. They can be used together, but the case folds out slightly where they contact each other. 
Joe

thanks for the confirmation jaysee!

I haven't gotten or used a Q camera yet but there is 1 coming soon. I normally don't cover the hot shoe on my M's as i like using the EVF's but since the Q has a built in EVF, i don't see this occupying the hot shoe as an issue for me.
I am curious, The Match Technical Thumb support has a shorter base length and doesn't cover the Diopter Setting wheel, but the Leica Thumb support covers it.

Do any users of the Leica Thumb support find the Diopter Wheel being covered an inconvenience ?  I do adjust the diopter of my EVF's on my M camera's, sometimes just to re-check the focus,
so i am curious if having it covered poses an issue or do most users of them set their diopters it and forget it?

Edited by roverover

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb roverover:

Do any users of the Leica Thumb support find the Diopter Wheel being covered an inconvenience ?

I find it inconvenient that the diopter wheel can be moved accidentially and too easy, so covering it would be convinient.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb roverover:

do most users of them set their diopters it and forget it

I adjust diopter and forget it, i check every now and then if i feel that the EFV gives me a unsharp image.

Chris

FYI...the Leica thumb support plays pretty well with the A & A half case....

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:03 PM, jayseejay said:

BradNYC - I have the Lim’s half case and the Leica thumb support and the case overlaps with the support by about 1/16”. They can be used together, but the case folds out slightly where they contact each other. 
Joe

Ha - I just noticed this, but after very little use the leather is compressed to the thickness of the rubber padding on the thumb support and sites behind it, so it's not really an issue.  I still like this combo.

Edited by bullmoon

And then I shot all day yesterday with flash, so hmmm 🙄 - in the case where extra support would be the most valuable, no go.  At least I had the hand grip on the case.  I can see the problem with hot-shoe pass-through though - then the thing would also need to lock into place; probably too complicated.  That little SF40 is certainly handy for fill-flash when needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, danielmfrank said:

I have the Match Technical one. I've not tried the Leica, but I suspect it's a little easier to press the crop selection button on it, than on the Thumbs Up.

I haven’t tried the Thumbs Up, but the Leica thumb support for the Q2 makes the digital crop button damn near impossible to press.  Seems like my copy needs the button on the underside of the grip padded just a bit and it will be fine.  Maybe a small piece of felt is needed.  Otherwise the zleica part is very stylish and really functional. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using an inexpensive one called Fittest on my Q. It fits my Q2 well. It permits access to the Diopter ring and the crop button. It has a screw on top that protrudes, can be used without the screw. I have not tried other thumb supports. It seems that the one made by Leica extends  further laterally which may be more comfortable. QUESTION: does any of the thumb supports compromise the weather sealing on the Q2

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RLR said:

I have been using an inexpensive one called Fittest on my Q. It fits my Q2 well. It permits access to the Diopter ring and the crop button. It has a screw on top that protrudes, can be used without the screw. I have not tried other thumb supports. It seems that the one made by Leica extends  further laterally which may be more comfortable. QUESTION: does any of the thumb supports compromise the weather sealing on the Q2? 

I cannot see how any of theThumb supports would compromise weather sealing. That is mostly around the lens and battery / SD card compartment anyway. I’d guess also on the mic openings.