Can’t Enable Bluetooth

alywit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SL2 BT turning itself off and not letting you turn it on again is a BUG.  I've seen it, and I think it can still happen in the current releases of Fotos (2.0.6 Android and 2.0.5 iOS).  I believe you get into this when a try to connect to the camera fails because some sequence of steps didn't happen in the right order or at the right times.  There is a message that appears on Fotos inviting you to turn BlueTooth off, and then on again.  I've learned to avoid these steps by clicking on the X in the message to make it go away.  To fix it may involve some changes in both camera firmware (coming soon for the SL2, we are told) and Fotos software to keep the two of them from getting into this state.  There seem to be situations in which the camera thinks it is connected but Fotos does not, or the reverse.  Anyway, Fotos can turn off your BT in a way that seems to be hard to reverse.  BUG!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lykaman said:

You could try a Camera Reset ~ L

Yes, I do that.  and it sometimes works.  But what a hassle to have to do that when connections don't work the first time.  Good camera firmware and app code put checks in place to keep this kind of confusion from happening.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, nicci78 said:

It happened to me also with Q2. Impossible to turn BT ON. 
I have to sync my Q2 with the fotos app once again : delete your camera from the App. Then add the Q2 once again. 

This worked for me.This was with FOTOS 2.1.

Yes, I can still get my SL2 into the state where BT is OFF and you can't turn it on.  The way out is to delete the camera and go to pairing again to reconnect.  Try it enough times and once it works your camera is registered again and BT stays ON.  It's still a BUG.  It was happening to me with Android today.  Don't know if it is also an iOS bug.

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

Yes, I can still get my SL2 into the state where BT is OFF and you can't turn it on.

Scott, have you checked if the problem is not the Bluetooth connection from the Phone.
If you have some kind of energy saving settings running or low power Blutooth it may stop/lower the Blutooth connection by the phone/tablet.

Also, do you have the Leica Logo in the status line on top of the camera?
What Android device are you using?

vor 15 Stunden schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

The way out is to delete the camera and go to pairing again to reconnect.

This is uncomfortable but normal, even my Q2 does not reconnect automatically, if i loose BT connection i have to reconnect again in Leica Fotos.

Chris

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are multiple ways to get into this state when a connection fails to set up. And probably multiple ways to get out.  I look to see how many red flashes I get with the SL2's LEDs, and then for a blue flash.  Once you get to the blue flash, alternating with red,  the odds are pretty good that you will eventually connect and see the stored images. To make testing less painful, I put a nearly empty chip in slot #1 of the SL.

Distributed computing, where there are two computers, each with their own timing, and uncertain communications between them, in incredibly hard software to write  I just hope this gets steadily more robust with many incremental upgrades.  If Leica thinks they are done as soon as things mostly work for the more dedicated users, that won't be good enough.

• 2 months later...

I just got a SL2 and cannot get the camera to turn its Bluetooth on.  You click on the "off" and instead of turning to "on", it changes to the pairing window, as if I pushed "pair".  Fotos on my phone can discover the camera but cannot pair with it unless I can get the camera's bluetooth to the on position.

Suggestions?

I've been in that state.  It can happen when you fail to get a connection, but do make it part way through the process. This may be excessive, but should work.  First save and export all your settings to a profile.  Then go to the last page in the menus and reset the camera to all defaults.  Then start up again.  It will ask you if you want to use Fotos to set the date and time.  Use that path.  When you are all done, you can restore your profiles.  

• 2 months later...

Thanks Jaapv

Ho provato molte volte ma niente.

Ma stamattina l'ho provato con un iphone con sistema operativo iOS13 e si è subito connesso !!!

Ho riprovato con il mio iphone Xs e il recente iOS14 ma ancora niente.

Quindi è un problema con il nuovo sistema operativo ???

Edited by Lucio

• 2 weeks later...

iPhone X, iOS 14.1; D-Lux 7, Firmware 2.0

Won't pair. BT is ON. Choose PAIR on camera. Start Leica Fotos on iPhone with D-Lux7 selected. 

1) If I stop there, nothing happens.

2) If I press the camera name on iPhone, it takes me to a screen that tells me to "Dismiss Bluetooth pairing mode to establish a connection."

3) Either way, camera doesn't appear in list of paired devices on phone.

4) Blue LED on camera indicates it's connected; iPhone says it's sending location data to camera. But no GPS info is transferred.

Any suggestions?