Sign in to follow this  
Rac1ngsnak3

Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN | C

Great lens. I use it on the CL & SL2. Some reviewers complain that it's soft wide open. I don't see the softness that they complain about, at least nothing that can't be fixed in PP,  if one's overly obsessed with sharpness.

Unedited image with Leica CL:   ISO200  f2.8  @ 1/2000s

1 hour ago, Rac1ngsnak3 said:

Has anyone tried this lens on an APS-C body?

Would be great if Sigma could make an Art version (f/1.4) in same form factor.

Here's another image with the CL shot indoors, a little softer due to lighting conditions.

ISO100  f2.8 @ 1/50s

12 hours ago, michali said:

Here's another image with the CL shot indoors, a little softer due to lighting conditions.

ISO100  f2.8 @ 1/50s

Great images. I’m not seeing any significant softness. How does the 45 handle w the CL? Would be putting this on a TL2. Should be smaller than the Leica 35 and 60

It is excellent on the CL, I have sold mine now to fund something else but I really really miss it, nice compact and excellent quality, definitely sharp enough for me wide open.

I have no experience with it on a TL2 but would assume it would be very similar given that the sensors are the same (I think)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please don't post multiple threads on the same topic.