Leica Universal Viewfinder with zoom ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

Very new to the photography hobby alltogether, let alone in the knowhow when it comes to leicas so excuse my ignorance. I have been looking to acquire a universal viewfinder for a leica camera, namely either the VIDOM or VIOOH ones. However, neither in the leica accesory handbook, nor on any online article or video have I been able to determine if either of the viewfinders has an adjustable zoom feature, to match whatever focal length you set it at. I know they crop the image, but is that all they do ? If so I might just get one of the russian ones. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

The Russian multifocal viewfinders are no bad (copy of prewar Zeiss) and can be found at good prices, often with their black plastic box. My one (maybe all... I don't know) has also the 28mm frame , which isn't present on the Leitz ones (better to say, needs the additional TUVOO on the VIOOH... 😎) ; they have 85mm instead of the 90mm of the Leitz, but is a minor issue.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!