Lightroom color profiles for Leica CL. Where to get and how to install.

eev776

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, eev776 said:

4 hours with Adobe Customer support on how to upload camera profile and no **...*** answer.

You guys call it easy!? 

X-rite software does that automatically. However, instead of wasting time and telephone costs, why not simply use Google (or DuckDuckGo - recommended) to find it in Adobe's FAQ?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/faq-install-presets-profiles.html

It is not as if it is some esoteric or difficult process. Yes, I would call it easy.

• Save the profiles from XRite or DNG Profile Creator to your desktop.

• Open Lightroom.

From the menu bar, choose File > Import Profiles & Presets.

• In the Import dialog that appears, browse and select the profiles that you saved in Step 1

• Click Import.

Anyway, you complained about the cost of a colorchecker - how much are four hours of your time worth ? I bet you earn more than 25$ per hour... :p:lol:

• Like 1

I don't see the problem. Lightroom shows 'Adobe Standard' as my profile, for a CL image. That means there IS a profile already in Lightroom. 

This is the same in Lightroom Classic (v9.1, Camera Raw v12.1) and Lightroom (v3.1).

Is your software up to date? Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw, though when you update LR it updates ACR automatically.

Edited by LocalHero1953

The camera profile could well not be the main problem. I don't have Lightroom, so here is a before-and-after screenshot from Raw Therapee — before and after application of an "auto matched" tone curve to a Leica CL .dng downloaded from the Web. An auto-matched tone curve is a tone curve derived from the camera-generated .jpg that is embedded in the .dng file, then applied to the demosaiced raw data.

Is this approximately the difference you see? If yes, then someone who knows Lightroom can comment on how to set it up to do the same thing.

Incidentally, I also opened the .dng in Silkypix, and by default it showed an image similar to the "after" image here.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...