Voigtlander 35mm Ultron: 3D print focus tab?

Vonsdca

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The focus post is a pain. It unscrews for removal which means one should be able to screw in a focus tab. I asked Gandy at Cameraquest who suggested someone could 3D print one. Does anyone here have expertise with doing so?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome to the forum :). A focus tab would be welcome indeed. As an aside, could you tell where you found this square vented hood? My LH-4N and LH-12 look different.

• Like 1

I have printer(s), CAD and knowledge, but I don’t have the lens:(, but if I’ll get one, i can easily do it. Unless someone lives “nearby” and can lend me a copy? I’ll promise to send free samples back. 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, Vonsdca said:

The focus post is a pain. It unscrews for removal which means one should be able to screw in a focus tab.

As a different approach, you used to be able to buy self-adhesive lens tabs on the 'online auction site'.  I bought a couple of these black plastic tabs a few years ago and stuck them on with industrial strength double-sided tape, which worked very well and was virtually invisible.  As far as I remember there were 2 or 3 sizes of tab available to suit the different diameters of lenses. 

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is an image I grabbed from the web as my son is en route to Bali with the lens. I bought it after a number of people I know were burgled. My wife made a trip back home and I sent three LHSA lenses and my watch back with her. Not only was I concerned about the theft but the humidity that is covering my things with mold. I wanted a lens that I didn’t have to be paranoid about; that I could take to the beach and on roads with talcum dust. I got it for $550, used and mint from Cameraquest, which is a tenth the price of a lens it it replacing. That being said, I’d love the muscle memory focusing and ergonomics that a tab provides. I didn’t get the 35mm 1.4 because the Ultron F2 is supposed to be a lot sharper.

The focus tab aint bad at all, i advice u give it a day or two shooting with it 

i was in bali yesterday