Different exposure viewfinder vs. LV

ebow4444

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, dau said:

I think it has been told several times in this thread. The M10 does not have an "advanced mode" for metering. If you want spot or multifield metering, you turn on live view and then you select your metering method.

Multi field on the M 10 is the same as advanced on the M 240. 

5 hours ago, jdlaing said:

. All of you experts are overthinking a simple task

I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else.

Thank you for the clarification.  On the M10-D it’s simple - no EVF, no fancy, advanced functions.  A simple camera for simple users.

• 3 years later...

Hi All, I pull up this old thread because I believe I’m only now noticing a big difference in exposure between rangefinder and live view in my M10-R. I’ve been a long time user of a M240 and always used Classic for rangefinder and one of my choice for LV. 
In the M10-R I’m shooting with centerweighted in the menu setting. This means as I understand it that the exposure will be centerweighted through the sensor for LV and as usual centerweighted in rangefinder mode. 
Well, the exposure of the pictures in rangefinder mode is SIGNIFICANTLY darker than in LV. If I use exposure compensation to try to make it brighter it’s all still not ok (as if you’re brightening shadows in post). 
Any tips? This happens mostly indoor and in general in darker scenes. 
Thx