Enric7557

Lost NFC settings

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The NFC option does not appear in the network configuration.
Attached screenshot of the manual, where it appears, and those of the menu of my setup, where not.
Who knows what might be due?

I would say, that you should try it out: here it works for most equipment although it is not mentioned. NFC is NFC and it does not necessarily need special drivers.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:44 PM, LexS said:

I would say, that you should try it out: here it works for most equipment although it is not mentioned. NFC is NFC and it does not necessarily need special drivers.

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for not responding soon: - /
In fact, I can connect the camera to the iPhone without problems and with full functionality of both image download and remote control of the camera.

However, my doubt remains: The menu of the WLAN settings in your camera, what does it look like? Like the one you see in the first image I posted, which is the one in the user manual, or the other two, the ones that appear on my camera?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Overgaard
      I've written an article with the best practice for setting up the Leica M10 and Leica M10-P as a quick starting point for new users. 
      It's based on the new possibilities with the last two Firmware updates.
      Leica M10 Fast Start: Basic Menu Setup and other useful tips

• By marcdb
      I recently bought a NOS TL. I'm still figuring out the best way to use it - but nevertheless, so far, it's hard not to like the camera. 

One issue that I have with the TL does not seem to be normal however: when I remove the battery for charging, and the camera is without battery for eg one night, I loose all settings: date and time, and the settings in which I was working before I removed the battery. Saved profiles are still there. Just a problem with the internal battery, or… normal for a TL?

Marc
    • By squaxor
      What different User Profiles do you use on you Leica M10?

So far I only use two:
      Norm: For general conditions (see attachment) Mono: For monochrome shooting For Mono I've made the following changes to the 'Norm' settings:
      File format: DNG + JPG Max ISO: 50,000 (I want that grain sometimes) JPG settings: Contrast, sharpness, Saturation: High Monochrome: On  
      I've attached a PDF of the settings I use. It was created by the legendary John Greengo. I think it's only fair to link to his course 'Leica M10 Fast Start' which I can highly recommend. For the record, I have no connection to this company nor do I get a referral payment.
      Leica M10 settings copy.pdf
    • By bags27
      Always looking for the best way to have my Q pre-set, and then mess around from there. Rereading an early review of the Q, I found this discussion:
      https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/leica-q-typ116/12

which says:
      So, here's how most of us around the office chose to use the Q. Keep it in single-point Single-AF, and move your focus point around with the four-way controller (focus-and-recompose if you must). Utilize Auto ISO with a chosen minimum shutter speed, and shoot in aperture priority. Unless you use the shutter speed dial to override your Auto ISO shutter speed setting, use the rear control dial for exposure compensation. If you do override your minimum shutter speed, make sure your Fn button is assigned to exposure compensation, as that rear dial will change its function to controlling shutter speed in 1/3 stops. 

personally, I like the FN set for white balance, but over the months of use I've been impressed about how the Q nails it with AWB and can be convinced to try what this reviewer recommends, since I do more often override shutter speed and then have to go into the menu for exposure compensation, which is a real pain.

Or maybe set the thumbwheel to exposure compensation rather than auto?

thanks for reading. 
    • By kengai
      how to set the autofocus for street photography?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy