Exposure bracketing on SL 2

markgc

1 hour ago, Paul2660 said:

Are you sure you can fire the SL2 in exposure bracing mode with fotos?  On the Q2 with fotos you can’t use any in camera settings only those allowed by fotos and it only allows single shot mode. Even if the camera is set to exposure bracketing. 

Paul 

you are correct.

the FOTOS app has only single shot mode, even it shows most other option.

you can connect the photos app on then go back into the camera menu to change the shooting menu. a soon you change something in the fotos app it goes back to single shot.

Bracket only works with continuous shooting. different option would be nice.

I opened a case with Lecia support on this on the Q2, and they implied that it may become a possibility with a future update to fotos. but at the same time I didn't get any impression it was something they were to concerned about. 

As much as I like the SL2 and Q2, I find the design limitations within the cameras to be strange.  The fact that fotos "takes over" the camera and disallows the ability to change in camera menus is to be a huge oversight.  It's an all or nothing solution.  

They should be able to quickly add this capability to the fotos app, as it's just a matter of adding the bracketing option.  

At least the SL2 has the option of an external release, which I use often. 

Paul 

I too would welcome the ability to turn bracketing on and off without fuss. Often when I’m out on a walk, some photos need hdr and others don’t. Having to scroll through a not of menus to switch bracketing on / off is wearisome. Doing it through the ap would not be a real substitute as, with ibis, I find I don’t often need to shoot on a tripod and it’s quicker scrolling through the menus than waiting for the ap to fire up, establish an unnecessary Wi-fi connection, produce thumbnails and then give me a host time shooting before interrupting me to disconnect.  

14 hours ago, jrp said:

I too would welcome the ability to turn bracketing on and off without fuss. Often when I’m out on a walk, some photos need hdr and others don’t. Having to scroll through a not of menus to switch bracketing on / off is wearisome. Doing it through the ap would not be a real substitute as, with ibis, I find I don’t often need to shoot on a tripod and it’s quicker scrolling through the menus than waiting for the ap to fire up, establish an unnecessary Wi-fi connection, produce thumbnails and then give me a host time shooting before interrupting me to disconnect.  

You truly do not have to scroll through numerous menus.  It is really simple program one of the camera Function Buttons to help.  I have the top of camera button programmed to Drive Mode, which seamlessly allows me to switch between the various drive modes including Exposure Bracketing.  You can also set-up the 6 programable User Customized settings to include various settings based on how you use the camera.  No need to do this through the App.