Leica X Typ 113 Lens Cap

whang

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum here.

I just bought an X-113 off someone and this is my 2nd Leica.  (previously had an M)
It didn't come with a lens cap and I looked everywhere to find the right size for it.

I am looking for the silver one and wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your help!

@whang

I have found some pics from 2016.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

@allans1976

thank you for taking the time to go through your archive to find those pictures for me.

nice setup with the viewfinder btw.  

I have a silver one so I knid of wanted it to match the body but that hood may be necessary.
thanks for the tip that it comes w/ the cap too.  

my only concern is that the hood is relatively short.  does the hood make a big difference when shooting?

thanks again!

@whang

I sold the camera in 2017. And regretted it. Then I bought it again late 2018 in the version of the X-U. Sometimes I miss the filter thread there. The lens hood works well. I use it on the X-Vario and sometimes on my wife's D-Lux.

It has other advantages. It is more comfortable to use. And more stable than a plastic lens cap. You rarely get your finger on the lens glass. Less dust. Often you only need a air blower from time to time. The inner frame is lined with velvet-like textile. The lens hood protects the lens and the front of the camera. That's why I use lens hoods on all cameras (except the X-U), including the Ricoh GR III. Whether it's sunny or cloudy. If you want to use a filter to protect you lens as well, it would work with a slim filter (to avoid vignetting). I don't use an extra filter. Only the lens hood.

Edited by allans1976

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@allans1976

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.  I think I will get that in a little bit - seems a bit pricey for me and the JJC version seems to not fit perfectly (according to reviews).
However, when I find a "good" price (~$100) I'll probably pick it up.  I see it not in stock in places that offer it at $99.

Thanks again for your help on this.