menos I M6

Lightroom v6.7 perpetual - where to go from here (don’t want subscription Adobe CC)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So far so good with ON1 RAW 2020.  I am easing into it nicely.  Some things are different but no major disappointments so far.  If it holds up over the next month or two I will start on the big migration.

In some ways there is no hurry.  Catalina has such poor press I have no appetite to update MacOS for the time being.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jhluxton
      Just over two years ago I bought an M262 which came with a bundled Adobe Lightroom licence. 
      This weekend I thought I would check for any updates and found myself downloading Adobe Lightroom CC Classic thinking it was an upgrade.
      However, it is a trial valid for 7 days. I noticed when I loaded it up some messages briefly came up stating it was converting indexes and then my catalog of images appeared. 
      My "free" version of Lightroom still loads my catalog ok as well.
      What I want to know is - is it worth switching to the subscription model Lightroom Classic CC or should I uninstall it and go back to using the freebie version which came with the camera?
      If I do delete the trial version will any problems appear with my image catalog or not?
      Also if I decided to buy a Loupdeck which I have been considering would I need the Lightroom Classic CC or would it work with the original Lightroom?
      Anyone been down the same road?
      Thanks
      John L

• By mcausus
      Hi,

When I bought my Leica Q, one card had a code that could be used to obtain a standalone version of Lightroom (version 6, I believe).  It took a L O N G time
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! , but I finally upgraded my computer system and now would like to download Lightroom (Standalone version) if possible ...  
      However, looking at Adobe's website

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

it's not clear how I can do this.  How have others done this ... or am I too late, and Adobe now only offers monthly 'Creative Cloud' subscriptions and services?  It seems like some hoops have to be jumped through in order to redeem a standalone version of Lightroom ...?  
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      Many thanks in advance for your help!
    • By frame-it
      Finally....

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/on-lightroom-performance.html
    • By Overgaard
      I've done speed tests on the last few MacBook Pro models from 2013, 2015 vs. the new MacBook Pro (Late 2016) models in 13 and 15 inch.

For us who are looking for the fastest possible workflow of processing pictures in Lightroom, the new top-of-the-line 15" with 2TB and maximum RAM, processor and graphics card is beaten by the previous model. The latest of the old MacBook Pro 15" is 14% faster than the current MacBook. 

I've posted the tests here of the different computers, as well as a writeup on USB-C vs. Thunderbolt 3 hard drives, and more. 

A complete workflow of import, building previews and exporting files is 16:54 minutes on the previous model and 19:36 mins on the new. 

http://www.overgaard.dk/the-story-behind-that-picture-0169-Advice-for-Photographers-Which-Computer-for-Editing-Photographs.html
    • By kalifornier
      The Monticello Dam Spillway near Winters, California (Leica X2). 
      At the lake's peak level the spillway can drain 48,400 cubic feet per second (1,370 m3/s), which occurs when the lake level rises to 15.5 feet (4.7 m) above the level of the funnel (Wikipedia).

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!