No M10-P support in Capture One 20

pklein

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Capture One 20  does not appear to support the M 10-P (or -D).  My guess now is that they never will. I twice asked their tech support about supporting the M10-P. the response always was that they would “put it on the request list.” But It’s their policy not to tell users anything about upcoming features or camera support. 

I have been using the Generic DNG profile. This works, but has several annoying inconveniences. Has anyone created an M10-P  profile that works better than the Generic?

I’m also now forced to consider switching to another Raw processor.  I have happily used Capture One for 12 years. But if they are not going to support my camera, why should I pay for upgrades? What are good alternatives? Other than anything by Adobe – I refuse to have my work held hostage to my paying a rental fee every month for the rest of my life.

I too have been requesting Support of the M10P in Capture One.  A support request was submitted when version 12 was the latest.  I upgraded to version 20 as a section in the release notes referred to a fix for Leica M10 DNG files in the hope this would solve the problem with the M10P, unfortunately not.  I then submitted another support request for version 20.  I also received the same standard response.

I ended building my own ICC profiles for the M10P with LumaRiver by following this video...

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I put in a support case requesting a M10P profile a year ago and was disappointed C1-20 didn’t have one. As time passes I have my doubts now that Phase One will create one. I hope I will be proved wrong.

Over the last few months I have been considering building my own profile using LumaRiver and the X-rite Digital ColorChecker SG card too. The only thing holding me back is my laziness and the cost of the card ($369 USD), which is kind of crazy because I usually have no qualms purchasing/justifying expensive gear if I think I will benefit from it. I guess everyone has their limits. 😀

I purchased the X-rite ColorChecker Passport soon after it was first released and used it successfully with my M9 and M240 in Lightroom. It definitely made a difference.  However, I now like the idea of using the  X-rite Digital ColorChecker SG card due to the additional patches. Reading this thread and admitting my procrastination I realize I should just get on with it and make the profile using the ColorChecker Passport (at least to start with). Thanks!

Edited by cbarber

Am 13.12.2019 um 15:04 schrieb Wyck:

I ended building my own ICC profiles for the M10P with LumaRiver by following this video...

At one point in the video, he „imports“ a tone curve from a Canon5D profile. Which tone curve have you used at that step? Have you imported a M10 tone curve?

Are there any other peculiarities you would emphasize in creating the M10P profile?

Thanks,

Patrick

5 hours ago, Patrickxyz said:

At one point in the video, he „imports“ a tone curve from a Canon5D profile. Which tone curve have you used at that step? Have you imported a M10 tone curve?

Are there any other peculiarities you would emphasize in creating the M10P profile?

Thanks,

Patrick

I just watched the video again to remind myself as it was over a year ago that I created my profiles.  I think it's the part at 6 minutes into the video that you refer to.  Yes I just used the LeicaM10-Generic curve.

Capture One support came back to me the other day with the following response to my further request for M10P support in version 20 with the following:

"Implementation of camera support by the R&D department can indeed take some time. But as I see, multiple requests have already been sent in regards to the camera support in question. Hereby, its release should be expected soon."

I requested support of the M10P whilst version 11 was current and again when version 12 was released.  Hopefully one day!

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Wyck:

I just watched the video again to remind myself as it was over a year ago that I created my profiles.  I think it's the part at 6 minutes into the video that you refer to.  Yes I just used the LeicaM10-Generic curve.

Capture One support came back to me the other day with the following response to my further request for M10P support in version 20 with the following:

"Implementation of camera support by the R&D department can indeed take some time. But as I see, multiple requests have already been sent in regards to the camera support in question. Hereby, its release should be expected soon."

I requested support of the M10P whilst version 11 was current and again when version 12 was released.  Hopefully one day!

Thanks. Will give it a try. I emailed CO as well to ask for explicit support for the M10P.

8 hours ago, Wyck said:

That is very welcome news and I hope they do come through with a profile. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in another request for M10-P support in Capture One last week. Today I got the usual reply about putting my request in the database, but "that due to our policy we do not comment or give out any information on future products and development."  Not as encouraging as the reply "Wyck" received. I hope the person who emailed Wyck knows more than the one who emailed me.

--Peter

Edited by pklein

2 hours ago, pklein said:

I put in another request for M10-P support in Capture One last week. Today I got the usual reply about putting my request in the database, but "that due to our policy we do not comment or give out any information on future products and development."  Not as encouraging as the reply "Wyck" received. I hope the person who emailed Wyck knows more than the one who emailed me.

--Peter

I've had quite a long running support case regarding V20 and the original Monochrom; C1 v20 kept crashing.  I put a 'p.s' in one of my support replies at the start of the week asking if there was any news regarding the M10P.  I got the same response as you.  So I guess it's dependent who we speak to at C1.  I'm going to give it a few more months and then perhaps buy the Digital Color Checker SG and try to make another ICC profile for C1.  

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Patrickxyz:

It’s not supported in the new release. I requested again support for the M10-P.

Even as the M10P is not supported, something changed with the new release 13.0.2.19 (20.0.2). It seems to me that the M10 DNG files now show better colors with the DNG neutral as well as with the M10 profile. But the problem is not completely solved. There are still artifacts and very much desaturated colors happening when you change the luminance or cold noise reduction too much.

Edited by Patrickxyz