Leica T: what you see is not what you get

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am very happy with my T in outdoors situation which I mostly use it for.  Though I am just curious as to why what I see in the screen when taking pictures indoor (without flash), the images come out much darker and lot of times pictures are useless.  Is this a common issue with Leica T or I just don't know how to set/sync the screen display with metering system.  

Does your CL or TL2 do this??

Edited by late9sound

I don't have a T, but if it's like the CL: When you're using AutoISO and when the maximum exposure time in the AutoISO settings is reached for the illumination level of your scene, the viewfinder brightness is maintained regardless of whether the camera can achieve proper exposure. If you half-press the shutter release, it should go to a preview display and show what the actual exposure will be on the LCD screen. (You can disable this behavior on the CL for manual exposure mode by switching the Preview mode from P-A-S-M to P-A-S.)

At least, that was how the CL (and SL) behaved until the latest CL firmware release. Now, with fw3.1 installed on the CL, the viewfinder/LCD reflects the actual exposure brightness all the time and the AutoISO limits for maximum exposure time are disregarded (at least with adapted manual lenses in A/AutoISO mode ... I don't have any native lenses to test with). 

G

Hi:
I was going to open a new thread explaining this anomaly with TL2, but from what I read, I see that the problem is similar.

While taking photos indoors with automatic WB, what I was seeing on the screen was what I showed on the screen once the photo was taken, suddenly and without knowing the reason, I saw the perfect photo on the screen, but when showing the screen image had come out darker.

I turned off and on the camera by flipping through the menus a little and without knowing why I suddenly took pictures again and returned to normal behavior, what I saw on the screen would be approximately identical to how the photo came out.

Someone could tell me why this happened and I hope it is not repetitive since the camera is under warranty and the objective is second hand.

I have also read that when we take photos in different interiors, exteriors and with a lot of variation of lights, it is convenient to carry the gray cards and take a gray balance photo, with which, we will make the camera recognize these colors and the images are more accurate and real.
What is the truth about all this? ...

I apologize if you do not understand me well, since the level of English that I have is very low, only at the level of Google.

Thanks and regards