Tripod Work

Jan1985

Jan1985,  I always use a tripod for landscape work with mirror up during exposure.  Tripod used is the Really Right Stuff 23 Mk 2 carbon fiber tripod with their BH-40 ballhead with quick release clamp.  r/ Mark 

• Thanks 1

I shoot landscape and architectural, most of the time with a technical camera and some with Leica S.  I am almost always on a tripod, mirror up, with either cable release or 2 second delay. 

Arca-Swiss d4 Tripod Head with a Classic Knob Quick Release (Geared)

Gitzo GT3533LS Systematic Series 3 Carbon Fiber Tripod (Long)

Exclusively with tripod - tethered. Interior and exterior architecture for architects, hotels, developers. 

Same as Greg. Arca Swiss d4 (a brilliant tripod head), but on a Manfrotto MT057C4 (I much prefer flip locks to friction).

Edited by rsmphoto

I use the M10D ad M246 for handheld work, so in general I use the S007 with tripod - probably 80% landscape work and the rest learning portraits and lighting.  I use the Gitzo Series 3 along with the Gitzo ball head and the RRS Bracket on the S007 for landscape  / portrait switches.  I also have the Gitzo long spike feet because I work in the sand at the beach.  I use the electronic shutter release cable for long shots and the Lee filter system.  I also changed the screen over thanksgiving to use the grid focusing screen and it let me place the horizon more specifically was easy to level with the lines (yes, I know we have a built in level, but visually this was easier).  

Do a lot of street photography and portraits. NO TRIPOD for that....

Albert

The waterfall from SW Ireland is obviously on a RRS carbon TV44 fiber tripod with BH55, mirror lockup etc...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Tripod in studio almost always. Medium size carbon fibre legs from Gitzo and ball head and L bracket from RRS

To tether you really need a spacer from RRS too. The Lemo connections are secure but make the routing a bit more restricted

Edited by hoppyman

Albertknappmd,  Your photograph in your post #12 is superb.  For me, the photograph makes one stop, look and think about that moment in time.  IMO, the composition, color, texture, movement and almost 3D rendering, all come together to create a lasting impression and most excellent photograph.  r/ Mark 

Edited by LeicaR10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LeicaR10 said:

Albertknappmd,  Your photograph in your post #12 is superb.  For me, the photograph makes one stop, look and think about that moment in time.  IMO, the composition, color, texture, movement and almost 3D rendering, all come together to create a lasting impression and most excellent photograph.  r/ Mark 

you are too kind... but that illustrates my point. No way could that picture have been composed and successfully rendered without at tripod...

Albertknappmd,  I most certainly agree about the use of the tripod.  I know a lot photographers don't like to use them, but IMO and experience with my clients purchasing habits, it makes a difference.  Again...your photograph is most superb.  r/ Mark

• Thanks 1