MP’s Out Of Stock?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sold my MP a while ago and went the digital route with the M10.  Although I am throughly enjoying the M10 I find myself missing my MP film camera and am considering purchasing another one.  However, I am finding the MP’s are “Out Of Stock” in all the usual places I have looked.

Is this because there has been a resurgence in shooting film and the MP’s are flying off the shelves or just the opposite?  If it’s the latter then I’ll have to rethink this sudden impulse.

FWIW, I got an email from Leica a couple of days ago saying that M-As are now back in stock.  I had forgotten I'd added myself to an email list to be notified when they were available again as they too had been out of stock.  I have a black chrome M-A but had a crazy notion about getting a silver one too :) Anyway, it looks like Leica film cameras are still alive and well. 

Edited by logan2z
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, S.Rolf said:

I sold my MP a while ago and went the digital route with the M10.  Although I am throughly enjoying the M10 I find myself missing my MP film camera and am considering purchasing another one.  However, I am finding the MP’s are “Out Of Stock” in all the usual places I have looked.

Is this because there has been a resurgence in shooting film and the MP’s are flying off the shelves or just the opposite?  If it’s the latter then I’ll have to rethink this sudden impulse.

I was lucky enough to get an MP 0.85 and MP 0.58 on the a-la-carte before it was discontinued.  250SWB said it best, call the Leica dealer you are closest with and they can place and order an probably get you one.  Depending on the dealer, you may need to pay for it in advance.  They said they are not doing the a-la-carte anymore, but you can ask the dealer to see if you wanted different leather or other options.

My MP 0.85 is silver with the M240 grip.  It is my modern M3.  The MP 0.58 is black lacquer with the standard MP wrap, which I love because it just glues to your hand in crazy weather....

Best of luck getting one !  I love mine.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I appreciate the replies and I did put my name on the notification lists.

If anyone knows where I can find a Silver MP in stock in the US please let me know.  I’m sure there are stones left unturned out there.

Thanks again 

Edited by S.Rolf

On 12/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, S.Rolf said:

I appreciate the replies and I did put my name on the notification lists.

If anyone knows where I can find a Silver MP in stock in the US please let me know.  I’m sure there are stones left unturned out there.

Thanks again 

There is one for sale via Vico, Ken Hansen's son in law. The condition is like new with 1 year warranty and I believe the price is $4,150. 

You can google Ken Hansen's email address (it is still be used) and Vico will respond very quickly. 

I was looking for a black one otherwise I would have bought it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

There is one for sale via Vico, Ken Hansen's son in law. The condition is like new with 1 year warranty and I believe the price is $4,150. 

You can google Ken Hansen's email address (it is still be used) and Vico will respond very quickly. 

I was looking for a black one otherwise I would have bought it.

Interesting.  Is Vico just selling Ken's inventory or is he taking over Ken's business?  

On 12/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, logan2z said:

FWIW, I got an email from Leica a couple of days ago saying that M-As are now back in stock.  I had forgotten I'd added myself to an email list to be notified when they were available again as they too had been out of stock.  I have a black chrome M-A but had a crazy notion about getting a silver one too :) Anyway, it looks like Leica film cameras are still alive and well. 

well, film is alive and well too :) and we seem to have more variety than sensors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Lady who has a really nice vintage camera shop here  & likes to encourage teens and others to enjoy film cameras recently posted this on her shop's instagram page :

im sure others here would recognize many more film stocks than i do!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

and..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

On 12/11/2019 at 2:02 AM, frame-it said:

A Lady who has a really nice vintage camera shop here  & likes to encourage teens and others to enjoy film cameras recently posted this on her shop's instagram page :

im sure others here would recognize many more film stocks than i do!

EYE CANDY !!!

• Haha 1

BTW, I randomly signed on Leica.com last Friday night and they had 1 MP and 1 MA in stock. I purchased the 1 MP on the spot and the MA was gone by the time I woke up. I checked because I thought it was random they were in stock.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

BTW, I randomly signed on Leica.com last Friday night and they had 1 MP and 1 MA in stock. I purchased the 1 MP on the spot and the MA was gone by the time I woke up. I checked because I thought it was random they were in stock.

Was it black paint or silver chrome?

Haven’t seen a new black paint in a very long time...