Fedro

M Summilux 90 f1.5

I am sure it is beautiful but must weigh a ton.

Cannot tell from the picture but it looks bigger than the 75 Noctilux volume-wise, at a minimum in the same league

I can't imagine how  beautiful bokeh is  from this lens. but i think it's so beautiful and the size looks big as the noctilux 75.

I hope the price is cheaper than noctilux 75 ;) 

I lump the Noctilux line as my "Lamborghini Lenses". 

I cannot possibly afford them nor really use them regularly if I did but its nice knowing they exist.

1 hour ago, oudjunk said:

I can't imagine how  beautiful bokeh is  from this lens. but i think it's so beautiful and the size looks big as the noctilux 75.

I hope the price is cheaper than noctilux 75 ;) 

Think of a price, then double it. 

Then add on a bit more. 

I’m bit puzzled on M and L mount lens releases.

Im started to think that these massive M lenses are not designed to be used on M but on L primarily.

...I feel it’s bit extension to the complains about initially released massive sized L lenses (vario and lux), which lead to the current line up of crons(?).

To fill up the gap on high speed lenses, it seems that Leica has decided not to make L mount lux but to concentrate high speed M lenses which could be used on both mounts.

I could focus with noct50 and handle the weight but with noct75 things gets hard but on SL, noct75 makes sense...

noct75 lens designed on L mount would be absolutely massive. Not Nikon noct58 massive but something similar.

Positive side of this strategy is that M line keeps current as there are “constantly” new lens releases but on flip side these lenses has odd speeds as design is limited on RF focus accuracy.

Edited by oka

I wish Leica could use their technology to make the fast lenses smaller instead of bigger. I would pay anything for a 50mm f/1.0 with the size of a 50mm Summilux!

(I don't have any money, but I always find a solution). 😄

15 minutes ago, jaeger said:

I also notice fast lenses are getting bigger and bigger... I think the smallest glass is 35mm f/1.4 then 50mm f/1.4, otherwise everything is BIG!

Even the small lenses are getting bigger with each version thanks to deep hoods 28/2.8 and 35/2 

7 hours ago, jaeger said:

I also notice fast lenses are getting bigger and bigger... I think the smallest glass is 35mm f/1.4 then 50mm f/1.4, otherwise everything is BIG!

I think it's because of the ever growing emphasis nowadays on optical perfection...trying to create the "perfect" lens with no vignetting, no distortion, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness wide open etc. It results in these behemoths of today. Sadly even the brand known for its ultra compact full frame lenses isn't spared; the days of lenses like the 35 Summilux Pre-ASPH are gone.

1 hour ago, a5m said:

I think it's because of the ever growing emphasis nowadays on optical perfection...trying to create the "perfect" lens with no vignetting, no distortion, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness wide open etc. It results in these behemoths of today. Sadly even the brand known for its ultra compact full frame lenses isn't spared; the days of lenses like the 35 Summilux Pre-ASPH are gone.

perfect equals no characters.  very sad.