Jump to content
Fedro

M Summilux 90 f1.5

Recommended Posts

I am sure it is beautiful but must weigh a ton.

Cannot tell from the picture but it looks bigger than the 75 Noctilux volume-wise, at a minimum in the same league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine how  beautiful bokeh is  from this lens. but i think it's so beautiful and the size looks big as the noctilux 75.

I hope the price is cheaper than noctilux 75 ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lump the Noctilux line as my "Lamborghini Lenses". 

I cannot possibly afford them nor really use them regularly if I did but its nice knowing they exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oudjunk said:

I can't imagine how  beautiful bokeh is  from this lens. but i think it's so beautiful and the size looks big as the noctilux 75.

I hope the price is cheaper than noctilux 75 ;) 

Think of a price, then double it. 

Then add on a bit more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m bit puzzled on M and L mount lens releases.

Im started to think that these massive M lenses are not designed to be used on M but on L primarily.

...I feel it’s bit extension to the complains about initially released massive sized L lenses (vario and lux), which lead to the current line up of crons(?).

To fill up the gap on high speed lenses, it seems that Leica has decided not to make L mount lux but to concentrate high speed M lenses which could be used on both mounts.

I could focus with noct50 and handle the weight but with noct75 things gets hard but on SL, noct75 makes sense...

noct75 lens designed on L mount would be absolutely massive. Not Nikon noct58 massive but something similar.

Positive side of this strategy is that M line keeps current as there are “constantly” new lens releases but on flip side these lenses has odd speeds as design is limited on RF focus accuracy.

Edited by oka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Leica could use their technology to make the fast lenses smaller instead of bigger. I would pay anything for a 50mm f/1.0 with the size of a 50mm Summilux!

(I don't have any money, but I always find a solution). 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jaeger said:

I also notice fast lenses are getting bigger and bigger... I think the smallest glass is 35mm f/1.4 then 50mm f/1.4, otherwise everything is BIG!

Even the small lenses are getting bigger with each version thanks to deep hoods 28/2.8 and 35/2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jaeger said:

I also notice fast lenses are getting bigger and bigger... I think the smallest glass is 35mm f/1.4 then 50mm f/1.4, otherwise everything is BIG!

I think it's because of the ever growing emphasis nowadays on optical perfection...trying to create the "perfect" lens with no vignetting, no distortion, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness wide open etc. It results in these behemoths of today. Sadly even the brand known for its ultra compact full frame lenses isn't spared; the days of lenses like the 35 Summilux Pre-ASPH are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a5m said:

I think it's because of the ever growing emphasis nowadays on optical perfection...trying to create the "perfect" lens with no vignetting, no distortion, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness wide open etc. It results in these behemoths of today. Sadly even the brand known for its ultra compact full frame lenses isn't spared; the days of lenses like the 35 Summilux Pre-ASPH are gone.

perfect equals no characters.  very sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy