Help! My DNG-converted-JPEG is not the same the OOC JPEG.

As written above i m evaluating other options than Lightroom and i stumbled over another odd behaviour of Luminar 4.

When i open a folder with JPG and DNG Luminar 4 show them all unsharp till i click on them and they render to HiRes.
I encounter the same problem LRookie showed above, on all four cornes is vigneting, probably the sunshade is the culprit for that.

The odd thing i just discovered is as follows:
1° i open JPG file, it renders fast, photo quality is bad
2° i open the sam photo as DNG, rendering is slow, photo quality is good as it should, on all 4 corners vignetting is visible
3° i cklick again on the JPG photo, quality is still considerable lower, darker, bad colors
4° i click again on the DNG photo and abracadabra, the 4 corners are without vignetting and will stay for a minute without vignetting and then jumps back with vignetting.

I personally think that i don't like this automativc behaviour, i prefert to tweak my phtos by my self!

Chris

Edited by PhotoCruiser
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

Which is exactly why I recommend Photoshop Elements 2020 to beginners - it does all one needs for basic to medium postprocessing and is of the same quality level as Photoshop CC and the Lightrooms.

I have no problem with your recommendation of Elements 2020 as a starting point.  I view it as a stepping stone to LR and PS assuming one continues learning. ACR is Adobe Camera Raw and should perfectly process the DNG’s just like in LR snd PS. All three programs use ACR. 

• Like 2