No M9 future battery issues here

drec

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

Just a note that I got some non-oem batteries refurbished recently with new cells— they barely held charge at all previously— and they now hold charge for hundreds of shots.  The service was in my area in Canada, extremely affordable— like $20CDN per battery— and barely any turnaround.

I don’t foresee any battery issues with this camera moving forward.  I know this is a common concern cited... but the new cells work as well as the old ones.

Just went shooting with the M9 today... the 3D effect is consistently there for me... compared to both my Z7 and Fuji cameras...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drec said:

Hi all,

Just a note that I got some non-oem batteries refurbished recently with new cells— they barely held charge at all previously— and they now hold charge for hundreds of shots.  The service was in my area in Canada, extremely affordable— like $20CDN per battery— and barely any turnaround.

I don’t foresee any battery issues with this camera moving forward.  I know this is a common concern cited... but the new cells work as well as the old ones.

Just went shooting with the M9 today... the 3D effect is consistently there for me... compared to both my Z7 and Fuji cameras...

More info on service, please.

I have three original M9 batteries, bought in 2010 and cycled through dozens and dozens of times over the years. They still hold charge for hundreds of images, touch wood. I'll keep in mind that batteries can be refurbished, although I'm unsure if this is available in Australia.

The M9 has a wonderful 3D pop, although I've often wondered if this is a function of the lenses as well as the sensor and processing. The 50 Summicron is a wonderful lens for pop, as is the 28 Elmarit at close range. The Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 has a kind of pop, too, but lower contrast lenses like the Minolta 40mm f2 doesn't pop the same way as the Summicron. I'm thinking about a more modern full frame mirrorless camera, and am looking at the Panasonic S1, Nikon Z6 and Sony A7 III. Ah, first world problems, eh.

The only issue I had with my 3 Leica M batteries was that last week at -10 degrees C they refuse to work. Other than that they keep going strong.

BTW why the Panasonic S1, Nikon Z6 and Sony A7 III has anything to do with M9 batteries topic?

20 hours ago, rivi1969 said:

The only issue I had with my 3 Leica M batteries was that last week at -10 degrees C they refuse to work. Other than that they keep going strong.

BTW why the Panasonic S1, Nikon Z6 and Sony A7 III has anything to do with M9 batteries topic?

Because  person whom you quite reads OP. I highly recommend to do the same. :)

• Haha 1