Sign in to follow this  
yst

CL with D-lux7 flash...?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings!

Anyone tried to use the little flash unique that comes with the Leica D-Lux 7 package on a Leica CL body?  Would that be compatible?   (just for fill flash purpose)

Not as TTL flash. Does it have a manual setting? 
The Panaleicas use the Panasonic flash interface. 

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

Not as TTL flash. Does it have a manual setting? 
The Panaleicas use the Panasonic flash interface. 

No settings at all, just an on/off switch.  Also, it takes its power from the camera battery via the hot shoe pins, so if the connection isn´t correctly wired, there´s a substantial risk of damage.  I wouldn´t bother.

I don't think that there is a risk of damage, the flash circuits on the camera are well protected, but it simply won't work.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:04, jaapv said:

No creo que exista riesgo de daños, los circuitos de flash de la cámara están bien protegidos, pero simplemente no funcionará.

Completely agree.
I have D-lux 109 whose small flash is the same as the one carried by D-lux 7 and simply does not work the concession terminals are not coincident.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mikael E.
      Dear Leica-Enthusiasts,
      I have been shooting with the Leica CL since a few months now and always use M lenses with the Leica and Novoflex adapters. However, over these last months I have noticed that lens-adapter-camera combination is not completely rigid. I can now slightly rotate the mount back and forth. It does not seem to affect the IQ but I am worried that it might loosen even more.
      Has anyone had similar experiences? I will probably just send it in to Wetzlar...
      Mika
    • By nkk
      Hello. I have all the three compact cameras mentioned above and recently, everytime I connect them to Leica FOTOS and go to remote control mode, the only exposure setting I can control is the ISO. The options for aperture and shutter speed is greyed out and I can only control it with the camera physically. Why is this happening? I tried to put the camera on all PASM modes and made sure snapshot mode was off but didn't work. I reset the cameras and formatted the SD cards one million times as well. I can change other settings like resolution, metering, file format, etc.. except exposure!
    • By Freude_
      Guten Abend,
      schon lange bin ich lesendes Mitglied im Forum. Ich bin 44 Jahre alt und fotografiere seit vielen Jahren Natur und Straße, vor allem Makro und Street und liebäugle seit langem mit einer Leica CL.
      Jetzt habe ich mich endlich durchgerungen und mich für das Sondermodell der Leica CL Bauhaus entschieden. Ich gebe zu, ich habe mich in dieses schlichte Design verliebt.
      Leider war ich wohl zu spät... überall ausverkauft. Kann mir aus dem Forum jemand helfen? Gibt es noch irgendwo eine Chance an ein Exemplar zu kommen? 
      Ja ich weiß, die Edition ist nahezu gleich dem Originalmodell bis auf den Schriftzug und den Gurt... aber verliebt ist verliebt.
      Würde mich freuen wenn jemand etwas weiß.

Vielen Dank vorab und schöne Grüße aus Bayern 
      Nadine 

• By MNvA
      Ich habe RAW-Dateien aus der D-Lux 7 mit dem Adobe-DNG-Converter in DNG-Dateien umgewandelt und dann in Lightroom 6 importiert. Dort werden die Dateien ganz kurz in Farbe dargestellt, dann allerdings dauerhaft nur in SW. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, die RAW-Dateien in LR6 als Farbbilder zu importieren, ohne auf das aktuelle LR-Abo umsteigen zu müssen?