Black images during continuous shooting

fatihayoglu

The occasional black image was an issue with the first firmware version of the M10.

I did some testing withe the firmware update in mid 2017 making several thousand exposures in continuous mode with several types of SD cards. The issue did not reappear.  The Sandisk Ultra was the worst card before the update, but it worked well afterwards. 

You should try whether it reappears with another SD card

Reformat your card in a card reader attached to your computer... you can accumulate hidden files (previous trashes, Bridge and/or other viewing program caches etc.).

I had exactly this issue and spoke to one of the Leica technicians at Mayfair. Almost all cards now can handle video so 5fps off the M10 isn’t an excessive amount of data hence card speed isn’t likely to be the problem (unless using a very old/cheap card).

After formatting the card no further issues. 

I have not experienced black photos but on high volume gig, M10P gets “stuck” from time to time.

I can hear the shutter (multiple times even on single shot), but won’t save any photos. Only way to fix is to power off and turn it on.

It has never occurred on leisure use, but when I shoot sequential shots and thousands images during the day it happens.

I use Sony tough SD cards, formatted on camera. Tried formatting on pc using SD formatter but won’t help.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, oka said:

I have not experienced black photos but on high volume gig, M10P gets “stuck” from time to time.

I can hear the shutter (multiple times even on single shot), but won’t save any photos. Only way to fix is to power off and turn it on.

It has never occurred on leisure use, but when I shoot sequential shots and thousands images during the day it happens.

I use Sony tough SD cards, formatted on camera. Tried formatting on pc using SD formatter but won’t help.

Yikes, is this a common issue with the M10-P?