Problem with Noctivid

RichUKUSA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I recently purchased a new pair of Noctivid and there is an issue with the eyepiece. When the eyepiece is extended the 'routing' for the eyepiece extension catches the light and gives a small glare. You can imagine this is extremely off-putting and not what I would expect from a high-end optic. I have included a pic ture with the offending area marked. I wrote to Leica support some time ago but have heard nothing at all. Anything I can do? Thanks!

Rich.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Do you see the glaring spot also when you use it - when the glass is in front of your eye?

Then you should insist that Leica changes the eyepiece to a new one which does not produce the problem. Putting some black tape on it or trying to paint the problematic part in matte black is no proper solution for a Leica binoculars. 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you can see it when you hold the binoculars up to your eyes. The light leaks through the side and catches the exposed shiny surface.

I am trying to get the attention of Leica so they can fix it. Easier said than done. This is the last Leica product I purchase if they dont respond soon.

I also agree that painting is not a good idea.

Thanks again for the reply. 

• 9 months later...
On 12/3/2019 at 1:34 PM, RichUKUSA said:

Anyone have any tips on how to get support from Leica. I wrote to them many days ago and haven't received any help yet. It seems Leica like to sell over-priced crap and don't offer support for it.

Email Leica Customer Service at customer.care@leica.pt

Or ..

Better still..

Give them a ring at their Portuguese office 

00351 252 330 455.

They're open until  16:30 hrs local time.

I have spoken to them a couple of times and they've been excellent. 

Whether you think Leica is over-priced is for you to decide. 

They do not produce crap as you put it though. 

• 3 months later...

this is definitely factory defect and you have every right to claim for a replacement. This kind of problems do not occur in a high end lens. I do not know how they have sold you a product like this, they take plenty of cash for what they sell and at least we can expect some good product from them. To be honest you should make a complain in their official page and let others see the faulty lens they sold you. This is unacceptable.