Luminar 4

I've been using it as a MacOS Photos extension. I like the portrait stuff when it is able to identify the face. It is taking some time to get used to the redesigned interface.

The only time I've used it standalone was to browse a directory of a 100 or so RAW+JPGs. It worked OK for a quick culling although I think I'll probably stick with Fast RAW Viewer for that.

I have been getting good results with Luminar 3, esp. when dialling back the extreme effects it sometimes offers.  Have downloaded and installed Luminar 4 but not played with it yet, mostly because the change of interface means I need to set aside a block of time to re-learn.  I hope the new UI proves worth it.

Edited by rob_w

On 12/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, reynoldsyoung said:

Have any of you folks tried Luminar 4 from Skylum software?  Way fun!  Several issues...like importing and printing...but, the editing is really easy and quite dramatic.  Your thoughts???

I use it and like it since the first version. The only BIG problem is that the colour/saturation you see when in luminar itself is not what you get when going back to Photoshop. 

I created a profile with settings that I know will give me the "final" result I need when back in Photoshop (with a calibrated screen with Spider Elite) That way, no "bad" surprises. But that weakness of Luminar is still a huge problem, not at all pro.