Beeping noise, camera inert X-Vario Type 107

Douglas Allchin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I switch on my Type 107 it beeps, the screen is 'on' in that there's a discernible glow but no menus or anything else, and it makes a distinct beeping noise almost like an old ring from the bell on a landline phone.. NOTHING works. It worked perfectly when last switched off. It did update its firmware a while ago  BUT HAS BEEN FINE IN USE SINCE THEN.. IT HAS NOT BEEN DROPPED OR OTHERWISE MISHANDLED. I HAVE TRIED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT BATTERIES AND SD CARDS.. PLEASE HELP?

Thanks 

Edited by Douglas Allchin

Very strange. You can't even do a factory reset. The beep suggests a processor fault, rather than an LCD. It is an excellent camera in good health and would be worth asking Leica to investigate and fix for you.

That is strange. If you are in the States, I'd send to New Jersey. They are usually quick (what with (CCD sensor replacements notwithstanding) to turn it around. It is too good a camera not to have up and running.

David

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, Douglas Allchin said:

When I switch on my Type 107 it beeps, the screen is 'on' in that there's a discernible glow but no menus or anything else, and it makes a distinct beeping noise almost like an old ring from the bell on a landline phone.. NOTHING works. It worked perfectly when last switched off. It did update its firmware a while ago  BUT HAS BEEN FINE IN USE SINCE THEN.. IT HAS NOT BEEN DROPPED OR OTHERWISE MISHANDLED. I HAVE TRIED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT BATTERIES AND SD CARDS.. PLEASE HELP?

Any luck yet with getting the camera working? Have you tried switching on the camera without a SD card inserted?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 9:12 PM, Douglas Allchin said:

Thanks 

Just curious if cleaning the contacts solved the problem or did you send the camera in; outcome?