Brianna, Sumner, Maine

garysamson

6 hours ago, garysamson said:

An available light portrait of Brianna, Sumner, Maine, made with a 50mm f2 Summicron lens and Leica ME camera. This is part of a ten year extended portrait project, we are now in the 6th year of the collaboration.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Gary this is a MASSIVELY strong portrait. Chapeau!

• Like 6

Am ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2019 um 00:32 schrieb garysamson:

An available light portrait of Brianna, Sumner, Maine, made with a 50mm f2 Summicron lens and Leica ME camera. This is part of a ten year extended portrait project, we are now in the 6th year of the collaboration.

very good!

• Like 1

I'd love to see this as a gallery print - for me on the screen at home Brianna's face comes over as a little more detached than I suspect was intended but that's probably down to how my system runs and printing / professional viewing would get rid of that side effect - most importantly this comes across as striking and creative art in the best sense.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:32 AM, garysamson said:

wonderful portrait, I just regret the sepia color

I am sorry to spoil the party, but after looking at this picture again and again I have to admit that in my opinion this picture is rather creeping than something to admire. It is perfectly shot in a technical way, but the proportions of the lady seem awkward to me due to the chosen posture. Please don't take this as offense - it is only my perception! This picture didn't stop me from visiting your website - and there I found some truly masterful pictures. The variety and quality of your work is a great source of inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...
Am 3.12.2019 um 03:28 schrieb garysamson:

Thanks Robert, for your observations. I have made prints of this image for exhibition, I really photograph to exhibit my work. Here is my website if you are curious about more of my work:

garysamsonphotography.com

HiGary,

I've taken a look at your website: Obviously you're an artist. It absolutely stunning, how precise you work, how intensive the contact between you and your models seem to be like and how straight they look at you as the photographer an btw at me as a viewer. And this  in a present way I'm missing the right words to explain it.

That's how I always wanted to do the portrait photography - but I never reached a level that gives me hope to reach it even nearly.

The better is it to look at your overwhelming photo work. I will return on you site again

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, man:men said:

HiGary,

I've taken a look at your website: Obviously you're an artist. It absolutely stunning, how precise you work, how intensive the contact between you and your models seem to be like and how straight they look at you as the photographer an btw at me as a viewer. And this  in a present way I'm missing the right words to explain it.

That's how I always wanted to do the portrait photography - but I never reached a level that gives me hope to reach it even nearly.

The better is it to look at your overwhelming photo work. I will return on you site again

Thank you for taking the time to review my work, your thoughts are greatly appreciated! 

• 1 month later...