Leica R 8/9 Motor Drive Quick Rewind Suggestions

chellm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hullo Everybody.

I've bought a R8 and a Motor Drive. After rebuilding the Akku Battery Pack at a very inexpensive cost - the Camera seems to work very well. All functions work properly - slides are perfect etc etc.

I'm only trying to use the "R lever" function in front of the Motor Drive (squared in red in picture)  - I suppose is the command for a quick rewind of film when all exposed. Am I right..?

At the end of shooting I move the "R Lever" aside - as indicated - but nothing happens. I tried some combinations with others  levers and knobs and nothing happens neither.

Can anyone give suggestions or instructions or direct to literature / you tube for understanding the "R Lever" on Motor Drive function ?

Thanks in advance to all.

Mauro

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hullo, Matti..

Thank you for ur interest in my question..

Yes, I pressed down the "r" button by the loading lever on top of camera..

While pressing down the "r" button on top of Camera will normally free the rewind by the crank on the left of Camera - this will not operate any rewind sliding aside the switch on front of Motor Drive..

Curious is that the "Winder R" will rewind back film - not the M. Driver

Mauro

I must agree with you as a second motor drive I have the "R" lever of Quick Rewind doesn't work neither as supposed. Moreover, the main switch of Motor Drive - where you read C, CL and CH - has differences of a fraction of millimeter from one position to another and after a *long* (?!?!) time has been off it is very capricious  in working..

I agree with you . crazy and unstable working for many of them - this is why some of them are sold at a low price - around the 500 € and not around the 1000 € ..

And Wetzlar has decided to not repair them anymore..

Mauro

Press the R button on the camera body with your finger.  Press it firmly and deeply and hold it there.

At the same time as pressing the R button on the body, move the R lever on the motor.

On my motor this causes the automatic rewind to engage.  It normally won’t do so otherwise.