Soft shutter release button for Leica Q

septo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sometimes miss a pic because of incomplete depression of shutter button due to my finger being wider than the flat button. I’ve been able to gerrymander a small adhesive backed  silicon pad that I trim to size but it slips a bit and falls off in a brief time. Is anyone aware of a better solution for this issue and/or know if there is such a product available for sale?

Does the base which adheres to the shutter button come in different sizes or is it small enough that it fits totally on the Q shutter button.  It would have to be no wider than 6mm since the shutter button by my measurement has a diameter of about 7 mm. 

The idea of gluing this soft release to my Q2 shutter release button with the "Industrial Grade Adhesive" that is included makes me very skittish.

I would think that since the Q2 has image stabilization, one should be able to get good slow shutter speed results without gluing on a SR button.  JMHO, though.

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, i did not noticed this problem, but if so i would do a first try with some velcro pads/tape using 3M glue.
They have several types some for extra heavy loads and i guess that they will hold a small disk cut or better punched out of this pads.
They are also not difficult to remove and should not leave any residues.
I personally would first do a test with them to see if this would solve the problem, if so then i would opt for the lolumina.

Chris

Edited by PhotoCruiser

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 11:32 AM, reynoldsyoung said:

I had a Lolumina convex soft release button for my Leica D-Lux 7. It work really nice helping with my shooting specially while shooting from the hip or without bringing the camera to the eye level.

The only problem (which is mentioned from Lolumina itself) is that the button got caught in my camera bag a couple of times, fortunately I did not pull too strong and didn´t damage the shutter. 

The main cause of this problem is that the distance from the original shutter button to the lower surface of the soft release button is too long because of the extra threaded mounting base (female thread) in between. 

I found a similar soft release button through JJC. This button doesn´t need the threaded part and is glued directly to the shutter. http://www.jjc.cc/index.php/Product/product_info/id/2293

I bought this button for my Leica Q but I hasn´t received it jet. Will report once tested.

I'm using the sticky-backed release button from the Artisan Obscura, which works great with the Q2.

https://www.artisanobscura.com/sticky-backed-release-buttons

However, I did once pull off the Q2's soft release itself in order to re-align the sticker.

The soft release of Q2 is a thin plastic or aluminum, not sure since it's too light and small, somehow shocked by how I could pull it off easily.

And that small thing itself is also using a sticky tape to attach with Q2, so be careful while removing the soft-release button on whatever camera you attached on.

Here is the Lolumina on the Q2. I have had these on all of my recent bodies... Great feel, and easy to remove if needed.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...