SL2 IBIS M Lenses

jmm1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/6/2020 at 3:16 PM, JESan said:

I have the Voigtlander 40mm 1.2 VM, with the Leica M adapter L, that I have been shooting without IBIS. I thought about selecting an M profile, but there is not an M equivalent focal length unfortunately. I hope in the future we can create new profiles for non M lenses.

Depending on what you mean, there is "an M equivalent focal length" (the Summicron-C 40mm f/2); however Leica has chosen not to include this lens in the list which is programmed into the SL2.  I have this lens, and it's one of the reasons I'd like to be able to program focal length in manually, in millimeters.

I can confirm that all of my coded M lenses work flawlessly on the SL2 with the Leica L to M mount adapter and I can hear the IBIS mechanism activate when I use the camera at lower shutter speeds.   While I do wish that Leica would make the price more competitive ($5K instead of $6K), I am very content with the photos it takes and I find that manually focusing with the viewfinder using the thumbwheel for enlargement is very easy to do.  The Leica L to M adapter is going to be permanently attached to the camera.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, Donzo98 said:

Reviving an old thread...

Can anyone confirm that IBIS works with NON Leica glass... and a non smart adapter?? 

Can’t you just manually input a Leica lens profile... that is close enough in focal length?? 

On the SL2-S, I have my Voigtlander 40/1.2 set as a 50/1.2 Noctilux in the menu, and can pull off 1/4s exposures, that have no right to be as sharp as they are, so IBIS seems to be good ( with M-T adapter ).

Edited by FrozenInTime

1 minute ago, FrozenInTime said:

On the SL2-S, I have my Voigtlander 40/1.2 set as a 50/1.2 Noctilux in the menu, and can pull off 1/4s exposures, that have no right to be as sharp as they are, so IBIS seems to be good 🙂

Is that using a dumb adapter or Leica M-L??

Asking specifically because I use Novoflex Nikon F-L adapter... and want to use some of my Nikon glass. The Panasonic’s are great...you just get prompted to input focal length.

I stand corrected. Thank you. Zeiss 100mm Makkro Planar 1/60 sec trying to shake a bit. Will the lens revert to actual lens if you change it back to a Leica SL lens or do you need to put this lens data in each time?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by isleofgough

36 minutes ago, isleofgough said:

I stand corrected. Thank you. Zeiss 100mm Makkro Planar 1/60 sec trying to shake a bit. Will the lens revert to actual lens if you change it back to a Leica SL lens or do you need to put this lens data in each time?

I believe it will remember the last lens profile used, but when you switch lenses you may have to change the profile (for non-Leica lenses). When I mount my 35mm M with the Leica M-L adapter, it recognizes it and I do not have to manually input. 

• Like 1