Leica FOTOS 2.0 Android

SiggiGun

Considering the posters in this thread I can see centuries of Leica loyalty and millions of $$ in accumulated Leica gear expressing their concern. We should ask Andreas to bring it to the attention of a senior Leica official.

• Thanks 1

Despite what I said elsewhere, I have downloaded it.😉

I had to delete the previous CL profile in Fotos, and then forget the wifi network. After that, the connection by QR code happened quickly, and I could see the single image on my CL.

I downloaded that single image - it took around 25 secs, which is quicker than the 45 secs it took before. Time will tell when I can download around 10 or so images, perhaps in a cafe or pub where there may be competing wifi networks.

And I definitely downloaded the DNG, without activating Fotos Pro, contrary to the Leica announcement, which says raw download is only available with the Pro version.

I have not been required to sign in with a Leica account.

I was able to share my image to Lightroom Mobile (I have a LR photographer's subscription) just as in the previous version, and it has been uploaded to the cloud.

So, so far it has the same functionality (for those functions I want) as the previous version - time will tell if it is more reliable in connecting and faster in downloading. I am reassured that the update is not a retrograde step (e.g. no raw download, obligatory Leica account sign in), but I see nothing to persuade me to pay for a subscription.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have now tested the new android app with my SL(1). It connected quickly - again a good sign - and quickly showed me the 103 images on the camera. I selected 10 to download, and it took 16 minutes: over 1.5 mins per image - worse than the old version. I need to check it in other locations to see if it is consistently this poor.

Edited by LocalHero1953