Fake Leica Lens

Advertisement (gone after registration)

56 minutes ago, luigi bertolotti said:

I have this picture in my archive… apparently a MP3 edition with Lux 50 asph marked accordingly…

Thanks, Luigi, what I said was based on a vague memory and I certainly might be wrong.

Pete.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone once painted a bad Picasso-like painting and sent it to Picasso asking whether it was authentic. Picasso painted "Faux" boldly across the painting, signed it, and returned it to the owner. The painter/owner sold it for a small fortune.

If it’s a fake definitely buy it. It’ll be worth much more than a real one to the collectors out there!

Plenty of Russian Industars masquerading as Elmar 5 cm / 3.5 lenses...

Posted Images

On 11/23/2019 at 7:09 AM, earleygallery said:

If it’s a fake definitely buy it. It’ll be worth much more than a real one to the collectors out there!

Someone once painted a bad Picasso-like painting and sent it to Picasso asking whether it was authentic. Picasso painted "Faux" boldly across the painting, signed it, and returned it to the owner. The painter/owner sold it for a small fortune.

Edited by bags27
vor 13 Stunden schrieb farnz:

I think the difference between this one and the MP3 lens is that this one is marked as "asph" but the MP3 lens wasn't - even though it was asph.

To the best of my knowledge they were all marked "asph". And as far as I remember, at the time you could  buy an MP3 set which would have included the lens in matching color, but Leica did make some extra copies of the lens in both black paint and silver chrome version to be sold separately (which is how I got my lens). All those lenses were engraved with the LHSA logo. Subsequently, Leica did produce an additional batch (or even more) of I believe black chrome lenses which were not marked LHSA, but I am not aware that there was another batch of silver chrome lenses (I might be wrong on that one though).

Cheers,

Andy

On 11/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, Attasit said:

looks authentic so far...

mind you, please check the front and ESPECIALLY the back optic for scratches..

Albert