Sigma 135mm

jankojanko

5 minutes ago, BlackDoc said:

I do see a big difference using the Sigma 135  between SL and  SL-II. The Sigma works hard at my SL-I  - even in no sport settings. By using the range limiter at the tube  the pics get faster sharp but in relation to the SL-II it´s still bad.  

The range limiter is definitely helpful but it is still bad. Which is a shame really I love the image quality of this lens.

Edited by jankojanko

just an example:
SL II AFS (!) no prefocus just pulling the cam out of the bag first shot and sharp (1/1000 sec ISO 800 f1.8)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

On 3/4/2020 at 8:01 PM, jankojanko said:

I'm curious, has anyone experience with the 135mm and other sigma lenses? For example the 35mm F1.2? How does the auto-focus of the 135mm compare to other sigma lenses?

The 1.2/35 works well on the SL, as does the 1.4/85. I am not familiar with the 135mm so I cannot comment on that. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, jankojanko said:

Could be but I don't have any issues with other lenses when it comes to auto-focussing. Including the sigma 45mm.

That's because it's a lens not born to work with contrast autofocus, as all the other old Sigma lenses.
Not necessarily a problem of the lens, nor of the camera, more likely of how they work together.