Seville One Challenge - The Results

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’d like to thank everyone for what was a lovely weekend. We both enjoyed ourselves immensely. I believe that this is the first photo-anything that I’ve ever won so I’ll crack open a beer tonight. Kudos also to Martin, Pete and to everyone else for the competition.

i can now get a good nights sleep and stop worrying over my spreadsheet every time a vote arrives 😄

The prize will go to a charity, though I’ve not made a final decision on which. I’ll update here once I reach a conclusion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I must add my congratulations to Andrew and Pete and also my thanks to Ravi and to Andy for organising all this. Whilst I have been to Seville several times, this event was a first for me - it was most enjoyable and I shall include Athens in my 2020 plans. It will be good to catch up with people I met in Seville.

I have some other Seville photos I could now post and was wondering the best place for that?

Martin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is for the day challenge. I did not register anything for the night challenge. 

Merry Christimas to you all. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, octo said:

Thanks Ravi, now what about linking names to pictures?

Doh! Sorry.

Day Challenge:-

Night Challenge:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The top 5 Day Challenge:

The top 5 Night Challenge:

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, andybarton said:

Well done too, to Martin Burrage and Pete Farnsworth, neck and neck until the end with their shots "Flamenco" and "Mummy, I have to hide" Only one point separates them.

2 hours ago, Sandokan said:

The top 5 Day Challenge:

The top 5 Night Challenge:

Hi Ravi,

Thanks very much for posting the scores.  The table you've published seems to be slightly at odds with Andy's post #71 that implies that Martin took second place and I took third so I'm slightly confused.  'For the record' would you very kindly let us know which way round it was please?

Pete.

It may be my mistake - Andy and I used our own spreadsheets and did not compare them. 

Please check the original scores, but whichever way it is, they were both excellent photos and it was very close for 2nd place throughout the voting. 

PS. rereading Andy's post; he does not say who was second or third - it is in the semantics that lead to the interpretation. 

Edited by Sandokan
  • Like 1

Just want to say thank you to Ravi for outstanding administration and organising and an excellent choice of well researched venues for lunch and dinner.

Also thanks for the cross-referenced tables just provided; I know haw difficult it is to keep things co-ordinated and provide the data everyone needs, so great job all round.

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:23 AM, farnz said:

No, Simon (DigitalHeMan) won with a colour picture in Wetzlar's One Challenge in 2013, Ravi.

Pete.

Actually that one was black and white as well......

Nice shot, Andrew, and congrats to all of the participants. Some very nice shots amongst the entrants - sorry I wasn’t able to make it this time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DigitalHeMan said:

Actually that one was black and white as well......

Isn't that odd; my memory of it is that it was in colour - although on looking at it again of course you're quite right.  It's sometimes strange the tricks that our minds play on us.

Pete.