Leica Fotos (Pro) {merged}

Matsaly

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/27/2019 at 7:35 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

So far, in the android version of Fotos, without having signed up to the Pro version (and I will not be paying for it either), I can use Fotos to download DNGs, and I can share them from the app to Lightroom, for which I have a separate subscription. So their marketing material is wrong (or this functionality will be disabled after some trial period that I'm not aware I'm in). The subscription Pro version thus has little extra benefit, except possibly to ipad users.

If you already had the previous version of Fotos, the DNG import functionality is retained (this is the case on IOS and iPadOS as well).

Fotos for iPad has the stupid sign-for-the-sub-before-use feature and non-iPad Fotos restricts DNG if it's a new install 

• Like 1

Well, I got a new iPhone and iPad and tried restoring my old devices onto the new ones (with the old FOTOS app) and I don’t find any way to restore the old app onto my new devices ...

i was one of the few who regularly downloaded DNG and now the feature gives me an error since I don’t have the pro version and every backup restore by Apple seems to be a fresh install of the app from the App Store. 
Even backing up via iTunes and then restoring onto a new phone makes the new one download all the apps from iCloud: Newest versions and FOTOS 2.0 ... I asked app support and they confirmed, DNG does only work if you upgrade from the old version and not with new installs. WELL GREAT so we should NEVER buy new devices if we don’t want to submit to this ridiculous subscription basis?  

9 hours ago, snooper said:

It already works perfectly. Just plug a SD card reader or directly your camera to your iPad. In LR CC tap on "Add Photos" then select you SD card or camera in the list. You're done.

This is a surprise. It works :) An update before November seems to have implemented this.

2 hours ago, T.J. said:

All I want is GPS to work. One of the reasons I purchased my Q2 was the ability to have my iPhone in my pocket with the camera connected via low power Bluetooth and have my photos geotagged.  Guess that’s not going to happen. ☹️

I'm thinking Leica might give this more priority, now that the SL2 has been released with no on-board GPS. But I'm still not holding my breath.

• 4 weeks later...

I subscribed FOTOS Pro in my iPhone can everytime I open the FOTOS for iPad APP, it keep ask me to subscribe again and restore purchase does not work..

I cannot use the FOTOs Pro for iPad.. I installed the FOTOs (iphone version) on my iPad it does work..

Does that mean I need to subscribe TWICE?! one for iPhone and 1 for iPad?

• Like 1

Not sure what is going wrong, but you do not need two subscribtions. I have one subscription working fine on the ipad and iphone. Maybe you can delete the ios app on the ipad and reinstall it. But prabably you have done that already. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

There's an update to 2.0.4. 

At least you can download pics even if 2 cards are in the slots.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Since I can't get the GPS data to record in FOTOS whatever I try on my Q2,  I pinged Leica from the FOTOS App;

The reply from Leica Customer Service came the next day and masterfully didn't answer the question - however they did state when the GPS function might  be improved, quote:

"Thank you for your feedback.

With the actual version the GPS information are only written to the EXIF file when the pictures are taken with the Remote function in Leica FOTOS. 

It is planned that the next major release of Leica FOTOS in the first quarter of this year the GPS data will be written in the background."

Here's hoping

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, darkinners said:

I subscribed FOTOS Pro in my iPhone can everytime I open the FOTOS for iPad APP, it keep ask me to subscribe again and restore purchase does not work..

I cannot use the FOTOs Pro for iPad.. I installed the FOTOs (iphone version) on my iPad it does work..

Does that mean I need to subscribe TWICE?! one for iPhone and 1 for iPad?

I get the same thing, and worse yet it says my purchase failed when I try to restore or resubscribe.     I have never been able to see what benefit $50 per year brings me....sigh.   Leica ain't so good at software.

• 2 months later...

I just received an email from Leica store that FOTOS 2.1 is launched.
FOTOS 2.1 would enable geotagging for every photo for certain camera's (at least Q2). Not only when using remote control.
Did any one try this already?

My iPhone updated to 2.1 today but I have not tried it yet other than to check to see if the missing C112 had been added to cameras supported, which disappointingly it hasn't. iPads are still running 1.0.5 of Fotos for iPad. I have posted a request for C112 support from the app.

Wilson

Tom Turkey Portrait, Leica Q2, 1/1250, f/1.8, ISO 100. I placed my camera on a tripod in the yard near where I expected the turkey to move to. I used the FOTOS App with some difficulty to get a closer shot than I can ever get using normal technique. FOTOS is still a bit of a pain, but it does work when one is persistent and patient. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1