Matsaly

Leica Fotos (Pro) {merged}

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, rjj said:

Daviden, yes I have been able to download a shot to my iPhone - and it's showing up in the Fotos app as DNG, and the image shows up in my Photos library. When I go to my Lightroom mobile app, I can find the image there, labelled as DNG and it's fully editable. I assume we keep the functionality of the previous Fotos version without upgrading to Pro - I haven't activated the free trial yet. 

Got it. Thank you for clarifying.

As long as I can get the DNG's out of the app I'm happy. ☺️ 

4.5825 € /month isn't that bad. I pay more monthly subscription fees for other apps. So I think some folks here are a bit on the dramatic side of things.

First look of the new app is promising. It looks and feels much smoother than before. Integration of LR seems pretty smooth so far as well. And finally an iPad version! Hell yeah! For folks like me who travel a lot and don't want to carry around a laptop all the time this is great news from a workflow perspective. 

I do hope Leica embraces the connectivity functions of their current and future cameras. It's something other brands have been shit so far, Leica at least somewhat decent and something Leica can differentiate itself from other brands.

Edited by snz

The point is that the app is part of the camera functionality. You paid for the camera, you should not have to pay for extra parts of the package. Just imagine the howls of outrage if Leica made us pay for firmware updates, for instance.

I am also waitjng for my Sl 2 and have tried vers. 2.0 with a CL and a Q. I noticed no deep change, perhaps little bit more rapid. I will now try the pro version.

Remember when you got Lightroom for free with a Leica? Anyway, all these business models are interesting. Leica wants 50 pounds a year for the ability to edit images in another subscription based app. On the other hand, something like Davinci Resolve is free in the vast majority of cases. Don't get me wrong, I understand that software takes time and money to develop, but in this case I agree with Jaap that it is really supporting functionality that is probably best rolled into the price of the camera.

I think this is an outrageous abuse of Leica’s customer base.  We are not buying entry level equipment.

Can we start a petition here to complain?

Would Leica even see it?

Would  Leica even give a shit?

😡

Edited by MarkP

It's not available on android as far as I can see. V 1.3.4 is the current version.

Since I can simply transfer a card directly from my camera to LR in my Surface Book, I see no benefit to paying to do the same wirelessly. 

I can't see a list of what's in the Basic vs Pro versions. What are the limitations of free Fotos on the iphone?

9 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

Is version 2.0 available for the iPhone yet?  Mine still shows 1.3.2 and no update yet from the App Store.

Yes, it became available today.

32 minutes ago, MarkP said:

I think this is an outrageous abuse of Leica’s customer base.  We are not buying entry level equipment.

Can we start a petition here to complain?

Would Leica even see it?

Would  Leica even give a shit?

😡

The app has “Feature request” and “Customer support” mechanism built in. You could use those to send messages to Leica. A deluge today would be a nice start.

The next step might well be to turn the free app into abandonware... :(

What is the added value of the pro version ?  If it is only the connection to LR, should that not be included with a 6000$ product ?   (Is this clever marketing ?)

Edited by caissa

Just learned of this firmware / App.......if it is one that extends the so called "Pro" functionality to the M10-D too then that would be a double slap in the face from Leica because the M10-D REQUIRES connection with the Foto's App to make set-up changes, they cannot be made any other way at this time. So not only would you have to pay more for a M10-D than it's M10/M10P siblings but you now would have to pay yearly for the App that is required to make any set-up changes on the camera. That's inexcusable, I hope I'm wrong in these assumptions regards the M10-D and Foto's Pro.

5 minutes ago, petermullett said:

Just learned of this firmware / App.......if it is one that extends the so called "Pro" functionality to the M10-D too then that would be a double slap in the face from Leica because the M10-D REQUIRES connection with the Foto's App to make set-up changes, they cannot be made any other way at this time. So not only would you have to pay more for a M10-D than it's M10/M10P siblings but you now would have to pay yearly for the App that is required to make any set-up changes on the camera. That's inexcusable, I hope I'm wrong in these assumptions regards the M10-D and Foto's Pro.

from their site "A subscription to the Pro-version will let you benefit from a seamless integration with Adobe Lightroom CC via a dedicated button, enabling you to edit all aspects of your photo on the go – JPEG or DNG – and directly share it on social media."

~~~~~~~~~

"And in case you’ve become accustomed to changing settings of your camera via your smartphone: all the practical functionalities you have grown familiar with over the past will remain unchanged in the new Leica FOTOS 2.0."

https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-Fotos/Leica-Fotos/Details

Edited by frame-it

6 minutes ago, digitalfx said:

I don’t see the new version, I have the old version installed and no update is available in US

On the EU app store there is no update as well, but if you go to Leica.com and search « fotos » you ll see a link to version 2.0.