Which would you recommed to buy?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I would like to ask for your opinion on two Leica Qs that are for sale which I am interested on:

1. Leica Q; Serial number 49733XX; Price 2700 €; Condition: New (with 0 shutter releases), expired Leica warranty, sold from a private person
  2. Leica Q; Serial number 5217XX; Price  2690 €; Condition: used, some used marks (shutter count unknown), expired Leica warranty; 1 year protection through second hand handler

Which one would you recommend to buy?

Does the low serial number on the new camera would be an issue? It was probable manufactured at the end of 2016.

Thanks for your comments

I would go for the one with the warranty. The serial number is irrelevant, either for resale or specifications. Marks of use: the "new" one may lack them, but you'll put them there yourself soon enough. And shutter actuations? wake me up once you pass 150.000 :lol:

• Like 1

So I ended up buying the used camera but I got a better deal than expected.

I offered 2,500 € instead of 2,700 €. This offer was accepted!

The best part of the deal is that I offer the handler some old Canon bodies and lenses which I don´t use any more and are collecting dust. I got 330 € for these.

At the end the camera costed me 2,170 €.

Its original date on the box is from March 2018, that means that I still have factory warranty. At the end was a round deal, now to enjoy this beauty.

Thanks for your recommendations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1