SL2 Availability

scott kirkpatrick

10 minutes ago, Manicouagan1 said:

I put an order for an SL2 into Leica Camera USA website at 08:55  Pacific Standard Time, and the camera was shipped out today.   The camera will be shipped to my home in Texas.  Shipping was free and no sales tax was changed (8.25% in Texas).

Holy Moly - that is either a symbol of how busy the factory line was in advance of sale or of how underutilized Leica’s own online store is. Good for you for doing so and enjoy your camera. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Picked mine up in Sydney yesterday. I asked how many units they received and the official answer was "not enough". But there were people coming in regularly while I was there.

Also managed to find a SL50 f2 nearby, so all in all a good day. It'll be interesting comparing to my S1R'2 and 50 1.4.

Gordon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Picked mine up in Sydney yesterday. I asked how many units they received and the official answer was "not enough". But there were people coming in regularly while I was there.

Also managed to find a SL50 f2 nearby, so all in all a good day. It'll be interesting comparing to my S1R'2 and 50 1.4.

Gordon

If you could give your impressions od the 50 LUX vs the 50 f2 it would be appreciated.  I had the 50 Lux with my SL but had sold the system a while back.  I ordered the 50 f2 after someone in the know told me it was "without a doubt" the one to get.  I'm still on the fence in terms of the loss of light/DOF and OOF rendering tradeoffs.

1 hour ago, johnbuckley said:

Holy Moly - that is either a symbol of how busy the factory line was in advance of sale or of how underutilized Leica’s own online store is. Good for you for doing so and enjoy your camera. 

Post #61 as well...whopping 30 minute delay.

Jeff

I went to the SL2 launch event at the Bellevue Leica store this afternoon, and the manager told me that Leica had shipped him six bodies for sale today. I don't know how many were spoken for, but he said the wait-list at the store was fairly short. He also confirmed that Leica will be offering the SL2 bundled with one of four lenses (the 35 and 50 Summicrons, the 50 Summilux, and the 24-90) at pre-tariff prices - list prices for both components of the bundle. The 35 and 50 Summicrons are apparently still scarce.

The Leica reps (Ebbi and Ray) had about 15 SL2 bodies for attendees to try, along with an assortment of SL lenses, and had also set up a simple studio flash set (complete with model) for those who wanted to have a go.

I too was at Leica Store Bellevue, and picked up one of the cameras that they had set aside for me.
They are expecting several more bodies and some kits to arrive Monday 25 Nov.

Most everyone I talked to during the demo / photo walk was very impressed with the SL2, and a good percentage of them felt they would go on to purchase one.

Chuck, sorry I didn't figure out who you were!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jay B:

I too was at Leica Store Bellevue, and picked up one of the cameras that they had set aside for me.
They are expecting several more bodies and some kits to arrive Monday 25 Nov.

Most everyone I talked to during the demo / photo walk was very impressed with the SL2, and a good percentage of them felt they would go on to purchase one.

Chuck, sorry I didn't figure out who you were!

Some kits ??? 

Do you know what will be in the kit ?

On 11/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, scott kirkpatrick said:

This thread is for those of us who are not first in line or lucky enough to be among the half dozen currently taking either late pre-production or early pre-embargo SL2s outside and posting in the SL2 image thread...  Report sightings of early arrivals in the stores here.  Quantities that have been delivered?  And there is a prize for the first person who spots the instruction manual online and posts a link.

https://uk.leica-camera.com/content/download/173173/4674745/version/1/file/EN_SL2.pdf

• Thanks 1

I was on the waiting list for about a month at the Leica SoHo store. Yesterday I got a phone call for my credit card info. My SL2 bundled with the Summicron SL 35mm lens shipped yesterday. I should receive it today just in time for the weekend.

Since Monday is my birthday, Happy Birthday to me, from me!

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Edited by budjames

vor 14 Minuten schrieb budjames:

I was on the waiting list for about a month at the Leica SoHo store. Yesterday I got a phone call for my credit card info. My SL2 bundled with the Summicron SL 35mm lens shipped yesterday. I should receive it today just in time for the weekend.

Since Monday is my birthday, Happy Birthday to me, from me!

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

You have every reason to look forward to it.  The combo feels solid and compact and is a lot of fun to shoot.  The IQ is superb.  You can take it out in any kind of weather.  No birthday wishes ahead of time but well done. 

Here in the London they are like gold dust.  My dealer, with whom I have preorder and all other dealers are say that they are receiving at most 1 and expect to receive 1 or 2 per month. They are all saying to expect at least six month before one can become available.

Good job Leica

1 hour ago, sebben said:

I'm number 15 on the list at Reddot in the UK. Probably won't have a camera until next year sometime. Good job Leica. 

The Official Leica Stores get far more stock than the authorised dealers .... I would keep an eye on the German/French/Dutch Leica stores online ..... these days (unlike in the past) they will actually state if in stock and you can buy direct (Brexit permitting) usually with next day UPS delivery. They will have exhausted their 'waiting lists' well before the rest of the world. I know it often pays to have a regular local dealer to patronise, but if you want something quicker you will have to play the 'Leica Game' when it comes to finding scarce items. 

Just found out I missed the first cut. Was told I will definitely get my camera when their next shipment arrives, though they are not certain when or how many that will include. So I missed it by one, methinks. Given I put my name in on March 9th, it looks like demand will be outstripping supply for a while.