SL2 Availability

scott kirkpatrick

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last I have heard from my dealer in Austria, which has excellent connections to Leica  - end of November -  nothing from tomorrow. A big player in Germany indicates now the same date of availability  on his website - 28 th of November.

Edited by HeinzX

46 minutes ago, Mr WelshB said:

Very interesting sillbeers15, now I do really feel rather lucky. BTW mine is not coming from a Leica boutique but from Cathay photo. I will be down there mid-morning to collect.

Good to hear that Leica AP do supply first shipment of SL2 to Cathay Photo. As a matter of fact, the Leica Stores in SG have no clue on the actual shipment dates and exact contents before physically receiving them. I Guess that’s how Leica internal logistics work.

Just picked up the SL2 from Cathay photo.cant wait to get home later and play! They have two stores in Singapore and we’re assigned one camera each from the first shipment. You are right on logistics sillbeers - they just received the cameras yesterday and were unsure if they were getting any at all until the last minute.

Although they would not say how many are in the queue, the manager said they now had quite a few pre orders and had no idea when the next batch of cameras was coming.

23 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

If the files were crap, you wouldn’t be half as excited, I think. And I would have given the camera back. 

Chaemono, I must thank you for sharing your findings on The DR capability for files with Low ISO. Together with Blackdoc’s landscape pics, I start to get excited about shooting with the SL2! 

Btw, none of the reviewers of SL2 from Youtude brought such value in their reviews. 

Edited by sillbeers15
  • Thanks 1

Here in Israel we're an hour ahead of the Continent, and 7 hours ahead of the East Coast.  And what's more, our weekend starts tomorrow!  But there are no SL2's waiting at the Leica Store because we don't have one of those.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

vor 1 Stunde schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

Here in Israel we're an hour ahead of the Continent, and 7 hours ahead of the East Coast.  And what's more, our weekend starts tomorrow!  But there are no SL2's waiting at the Leica Store because we don't have one of those.

...in Tel Aviv (or Jerusalem?) there is a Leica Store? Great!