New York City Meet-Up. March 27-29 - Cancelled

Advertisement (gone after registration)

See message at end of thread regarding cancellation.

This is an open invitation to any of our Leica Forum friends wanting to meet in NYC over the weekend of March 27-29, 2020, to walk the city and take some photographs.  "Bags27" (Ken),   "LeicaGuy" (Dan) (me) and "Ropo54" (Rob) are planning to meet that weekend and explore. We know each other through the Leica Forum, so please don't be shy about joining up with us, for all or part of the weekend.

Sites to visit are flexible and we are open to suggestions. Perhaps some of our NYC friends might join us and have some ideas?  Maybe: the World Trade Center, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge,  Times Square, Chinatown?   Maybe a visit to Leica Soho? Or, some vintage camera shops , along the way. (The itinerary is hardly set).  Maybe share a meal together? 

We are all making plans to get to NYC for that weekend, so please feel free to come from near and far. Take part in whatever might interest you!

Feel free to post or PM any of us if you have interest or suggestions. It should be a fun time!  Let us know.

Rob and Ken and Dan

Edited by Leica Guy
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, happyman31 said:

Hi, i live in New York City and would be most happy tp join you on your adventure here. Keep me informed...Jay

Jay,

I’ve started a spreadsheet and will add you to the list. We’ll connect as we approach that weekend. For sure early March we will get more organized and definite on plans. Also we should know who is committed, tentative and not going to join us. It has the makings of being a very fun and satisfying experience with a nice group of Leica folks. 

Please send me a personal message with your cell and email as well as expected dates you want to attend if / when you know that.

Dan

Edited by Leica Guy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, KidSkee said:

Great idea! I'd be in if I'm not traveling, I'm local!

Please let us know as we get closer. If you want to join us on Friday for dinner, let us know as soon as you can commit. We’ll try and add you to the reservation. No guarantee, but we’ll try hard to include you if Peter Luger’s will allow any change in number. We understand the restaurant is very popular and difficult to get into thus why we want to nail down a reservation if we have enough people by mid-January. 

• 2 months later...

This is not likely to come as a surprise, but with the increasing concerns about Corona Virus and the number of public place closings, we have decided to wait for a more opportune time to get together.  We are all very disappointed to cancel, but it is the responsible thing to do and just a small sacrifice to try to limit the spread of the virus.  

We've decided to try to find a convenient date sometime over the summer, once the virus has been controlled, so please keep a look out and hopefully you can join us.  Stay healthy and be well.

Rob, Ken, and Dan

• Like 3

• jaapv locked this topic